KLLM and Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by landy77, Jan 31, 2011.

1. roadrunner70

roadrunner70 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    The fuel surcharge varies from week to week. Since I moved over from FFE to KLLM, it has hovered near 50 cents. This week it's 51 cents, and last week it was 50. The lowest I have seen it is 49 cents, and the highest is 51 cents. It is based on what the Department of Energy says the average cost of fuel is in the US.

My fixed cost each week is $672. That includes some insurance options, so your fixed cost could be a few dollars higher or lower. I also have a 2013 Cascadia, which runs about $495 a week. A new 2014 will cost a little more, and a 2012 will cost less.

I have had some issues with KLLM, and I have written a few posts about it. Things are getting better though. It's not perfect, and there are still some issues, but overall there is progress.

I think that if you are willing to work, drive legally and safely, and get your loads picked up and delivered on time, you can make money. The key is to communicate with your DM. Don't assume anything. Just keep asking questions until you are 100 percent certain you have the information you need. If you still are in doubt, call the shipper or receiver. They tell you not to, but once you have been burned enough times, you do what you have to do.

KLLM is spending an enormous amount of money for infrastructure improvements. They will pay off in the long run. I just have to tell myself to be patient while the issues get worked out.

robinrene Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silverdriver

Silverdriver Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I'm sorry to jump in here but will appreciate any KLLM drivers to help me with a question concerning the "On Guard Collision Mitigation System" that you have in your trucks. What has been your experience with it? good or bad ?

4. tallpaulaz

tallpaulaz Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I am about to go to KLLM...can you share your experience and why you left? did you lease?

5. robinrene

robinrene Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Gypsy, USA
    No
    in fact if chains are needed, they ask that you just park and wait it out.
    obviously a lot of states require that they be on the truck, so they are.

Silverdriver Thanks this.
  6. robinrene

Jun 3, 2012
    Gypsy, USA
    My trainer had a new truck with that.
    Good and bad.
    If it glitches, your cruise wont work until you turn the truck off & back on

7. robinrene

Jun 3, 2012
    Gypsy, USA
    Up to 1.50 + fsc for shorter trips

and the regional guys get 72% instead of mileage based pay

8. robinrene

Jun 3, 2012
    Gypsy, USA
    It actually been better this month.
    Things are starting to work smoother.
    But we're on our way out too. Time to be home more. Looking for local work.

And if you go back, The guys in regional love it. Especially Portage.
    They average more pay for less miles and get by the house more.

But you know we'll be in Kansas City crying about our Chiefs and my Texans.

9. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    Thanks for your response. I have seen the video in the KLLM web page, about the "On Guard", and was wondering how effective it is in the real life experience of a driver ... and in particular when the system detects a car in front, that you are about to hit, and it automatically applies the breaks.. wont that cause a jackknife?

10. robinrene

Jun 3, 2012
    Gypsy, USA
    It wont slam on the brakes. its like it taps on them and beeps to get your attention
    but it also detects shadows
    and ghosts
    and cars in the next lane if you're in a tight curve

i only liked that it showed exactly how many feet away and the speed of the vehicle in front of me, so that I could judge if I wanted to pass them.

it also does not work well at night if you are very slowly gaining on another truck.
    i was bored and paid way too much attention to it
    but as an example if I was going maybe .5 mph faster than swift, and my distance closed from 400' to 150' but slowly, it didnt beep at me when it should have.

Also, it only works when cruise is engaged.

11. Silverdriver

Nov 19, 2013
    What has been your experience in driving with snow? Does the "On Guard" help with traction like it says?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.