KLLM Background Info

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by stocktonhauler, Aug 31, 2008.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Yes, cancelling it if a big storm blows in would be the thing to do, and then just reapply for hometime again. The company seems to be very accomodating.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dbcad7

dbcad7 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Tried contacting them on Wed, but with time difference had to leave a message.. then on Thursday eve just took the plunge and did the online application.. (kind of hard to squeeze in a phone call at school, and it's after hrs for them when I'm off).. No word yet, but figure maybe I'll get a call next week sometime.. If I don't hear from them by Wed, I'll call the 800 number.

We had some delays at the school last week, so lost some practice time for the final road test for DMV and I decided to push it into next week. (I probably could have passed it, but want more confidence in my downshifting).. It all works out better anyway towards the 160 school hrs that KLLM wants.

One of my other choices, FFE, contacted me but the recruiter thought Reno was close to Vegas... :biggrin_25512:She was working on getting approval based on distance from Sacramento.. but although she was hopeful, I kind of have my doubts.

xllxmrjohnxllx Thanks this.
  4. dbcad7

dbcad7 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Finally heard from KLLM.. guess Reno is out of their hiring area now. This has become a problem, I have been turned down from 4 companies now for that.. So far only 2 willing are Werner and Covenant (waiting to hear from 4 other companies)

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

The last 4 people that I have heard that tried to get hired were not. They are really tightening things up.

6. mhw

mhw Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2007
    cumming ga
    as a KLLM driver I am appalled that you have written this statement. Not to mention that several things you verbalized tend to lean toward that you are a bigoted disgruntled driver. there are 6 weeks of training, and if you give them a reason to look at your performance and log book errors they will call you into question, carl is no longer the head of training and safety, and as with any company and their training program, no one is perfect. I was fortunate to get a very good trainer, and although there are some trainers that do not deserve training status, it is up to the students to speak up for themselves and not tolerate behavior that will lead to balk and come away with a bad taste in their mouth. I am sorry you were not happy with your time at KLLM maybe if you had spoke up for youself and stayed a little longer you would feel differently.

leannamarie and xllxmrjohnxllx Thank this.
  7. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Time for rumor and misinformation control.....

Hope we have both helped those out there looking for the right company for their trucking experience. There is no "one size fits all" and the more information, positive and negative, that is available, hopefully makes narrowing down the prospects easier for seekers.

RoadToad69

8. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Minimum 1 year with the company plus two winters worth of winter driving experience.

RoadToad69

9. Hutson909

Hutson909 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Colton, Ca
    I was pretty po'd to find out that KLLM wasnt hiring out of So California anymore. Even though they have a major terminal right here in Fontana. #### the reccesion

10. TRKNIAM

TRKNIAM Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    I just finished school and I am waiting to hear back from the recruiter, I live in St. Louis, MO.. Does anyone know if being in St. Louis is a good thing or a bad thing?

11. LostSoulCA

LostSoulCA Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Visalia, CA
    Stockton Hauler,
    Did you quit KLLM or did they boot you? You said both in your post. Curious minds want to know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.