KLLM drivers

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by tntrucker14, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    i have been trying to decided if I want to do the % or do the OTR if I go with KLLM. It seems the % guarantees money but I think you would make more doing the OTR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    HEY!!! The Toad still lives. I thought you had fallen off of the face of the earth or something.

4. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    It has been a bit since I've written here. Thought I would at least say hi & Merry Christmas. On monnday I'll be in Jackson for the lease purchase class. I am kind of timid about this.For me it hasboth potential and serious downsides. And no backup if things go really bad. Am trying to type this on my cell.
    I do follow the thread thru e-mail.
    Well to one and all have a Merry Christmas.

5. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    Road Toad good to hear from you
    Romans same as well

6. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    Road Toad good to hear from you
    Romans same as well
    To one & all a merry christmas

7. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    My last post was a little rambling I am afraid to say. Started the lease purchase class today. This weeks class is a short one as this class is only conversions from company drivers.
    I do this with a great deal of trepidation , as I am not totally sure of myself in this enterprise. I am going to try this and see how it works out.

8. Romans612

Romans612 Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Dallas Texas
    well? how did the class go? did they calm your fears or do you still have reservations? I read through the contracts many times, and dont see any points that cause me hesitation....

9. Aiken

Aiken Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Aiken, SC
    The only thing that would worry me, Romans - leasing 600K+ truck. No offence, but I own Freightliner Columbia 2004 with almost 800K. 2007 truck and already high miledge

10. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    Orientation for me & 2 other drivers was a short 2 day class. One was a driver who had been running a small operation of his own the other was also a co. Driver. No my fears have ot been placated . The biggest problem for me is health insurance. Unlike many others I am going to have to bear this cost on my own.(my wife does not work) .
    The nice thing is being able to chose my routes. Out of jxn had a load to wichita falls tht delivered Sunday. This got me by the house for christmas. Thence north of kansas city then 200 mile dh to se ia for a load to houston. I should have moved quicker on this load as the pu was on a spot tlr(I did not know the shpr had & was surprised by this). Thence by the house south to houston.
    From Houston I was able to get by the house for New Years.

11. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    Orientation for me & 2 other drivers was a short 2 day class. One was a driver who had been running a small operation of his own the other was also a co. Driver. No my fears have ot been placated . The biggest problem for me is health insurance. Unlike many others I am going to have to bear this cost on my own.(my wife does not work) .
    The nice thing is being able to chose my routes. Out of jxn had a load to wichita falls tht delivered Sunday. This got me by the house for christmas. Thence north of kansas city then 200 mile dh to se ia for a load to houston. I should have moved quicker on this load as the pu was on a spot tlr(I did not know the shpr had & was surprised by this). Thence by the house south to houston.
    From Houston I was able to get by the house for New Years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.