Kllm lease purchase

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by anon6655, May 29, 2014.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

This is an older thread and the OP has made some changes, but here are some general thoughts for anyone reading this:

You'll find anti-leasing responses anywhere you go on TTR. To me, the lease/don't-lease is like religion. Nobody can prove that one religion is "better" than any other - faith is very personal - but there are a whole lot of people who think theirs is the only way to go and will try to change your mind...and scorn you if you don't follow "My Way." They all say, "My standards should be your standards,. Never mind that I've never leased and know nothing about you. My Way is the Only Way."

Well, pay the naysayers no mind. Do your research, apply your own large brain power, make your own decision and move forward. Many people lease and many don't make it. And many do.

spectacle13 and 27butterfly Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Reefer_Madness

Reefer_Madness Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2014
    All con....we have been doing the lease option with kllm for a bit and we feel that we have a good handle on things so if you have specifics feel free to ask... RPS Motor freight,LLC

4. kingofclean

kingofclean Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Did the man say "should I L/P or not" NO. He just asked for information to help him get out of the gate and the usual suspects dive in with their worthless "your stupid" "it never works" "the company is only out to get you" yada, yada, yada. Don't you guys READ what the posters ask or reply the same way to EVERY thread? Answer, please to ONE ridiculous statement, had to laugh, "The company will run you hard and when the truck is just about paid off, the miles go away and they take the truck" WHAT?????? KLLM wants to take a truck that was run hard and has 500,000 miles and do what with it? cmon, guy's, think, please. Answer the OP's question or leave to the negative monger thread where you'll have plenty to say.

anon6655 Thanks this.
  5. BoutMyMoney86

BoutMyMoney86 Bobtail Member

If given the opportunity to come aboard... The $1500 I get when orientation is complete and I'm dispatched will be for that. Gotta have a plan driver. I have started a business yet, but I know you have to put up more than you spend.

6. Third3y3guy

Third3y3guy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Alabama
    Do you know what common sense is? Treating people with respect even when you don't agree with their opinions. Does it make you feel good to get on here and call people stupid? Does it make for feel smart to call people names and belittle them? You sir are a bully. And to top it off you're unhelpful. How about you add HELPFUL ADVICE or shut your mouth. Everyone wants to get on here and complain about how trucking isn't what it used to be. Well no #### trucking has changed. Look at how we treat each other. How can anyone expect the trucking industry to treat their drivers with respect if we can't manage to treat each other with a little respect? ESPECIALLY when one of our "fellow drivers" is asking for help. Shame on you.

spectacle13 and TraeDa6'5 Thank this.
  7. Third3y3guy

Third3y3guy Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Alabama
    Not to sound like a jerk, but idk that Prime was the best choice you could have made there. I looked into them before I had my CDL and I had nothing but problems. Ive also spoken to quite a few drivers with or previously with Prime. I actually don't know that I've ever met a happy Prime driver. But if it works for you...? Good Luck bud

8. knightrider1982

knightrider1982 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2015
    I just want to say I leased with prime for two years wasn't happy at all they are a joke and there truck payments are outrageous . I also just turned my truck in at kllm bc they are a joke also . I am considering going to hirschbach I've talked to many drivers who love it and only say good things about them a driver I know works with them and during Christmas before he went home he didn't make much money he asked for a loan of 900 to help him and his family out he said they gave him the money and is only taking a 100 each week til it's paid off.

9. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    go for it, be safe........

10. Texan Steve

Texan Steve Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2015
    So knightrider1982 did you go with Hirschbach? I am considering them as well. Currently I am at Schneider dedicated and not sure who to Lease purchase from.

11. anon6655

anon6655 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Michigan
    Still with Prime, much better than KLLM and Prime also seems to be ran much smoother. The lease payment is a little high, but it I still make good money. I don't understand what all the hate is about with Prime?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.