KLLM Lease Trucks

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kris38, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Starvin-Marvin

Starvin-Marvin Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Im with KLLM and not making any money. I have been here 6 months and have not taken home over $900 yet. Most weeks 600.

freightwipper Thanks this.
  2. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    my first truck their was a 2016 Cascadia had air dump and optimal idle.but as of fall last year they where going all automatics and got rid of the trolley bar.

3. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    I'm company and on a dedicated and my weekly average is about the same $775 don't know every bodies situation but I stay out 3-4 weeks and home 4-5 days all depends sometimes more..

Roknric Thanks this.
  4. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    Way to many fees for the lease at KLLM ..they charge the driver for any and every thing....best way to do it is stay one month get the bonus then turn in the truck...

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    KLLM bought FFE.

Its either Memphis behind Elvis's house or Freightliner Dealer somewhere in that area. The two we used were either armarillo or Little rock to install our inverters. We were FFE people in our time and not allowed to drill holes inside the interior anywhere or alter anything other than a inverter install with company prior approval in writing and a dealer install. That inverter stayed with the truck when we left. We got our money's savings out of it.

Years later FFE was bought by KLLM. Lock stock and barrel. I know nothing more than what I knew back then.

6. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    You're not the only one. I knew of at least two Youtube truckers who didn't last long leasing at KLLM.

7. desperado75

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    I saw 3 of them but one had a truck wreck one got real sick on the road and then tamara

GambitRider Thanks this.
  8. Big- countryk5

Big- countryk5 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2016
    ROFL!!!

9. BNRI

BNRI Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    PA
    I actually have the same questions. My husband and I are team drivers. We got our CDL's last year. We want to become o/O's, and are looking at the lease option bc we have poor credit. We have not had much luck as company drivers. Our observances have been that all companies want teams. Few rarely know how to run them full time, and the compensation for the time away from family is meager at best. It sucks because we love being drivers. We are just so frustrated. For example, we went to expedite on the hopes that specialized endorsements in a specialized field would be better. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. We sit every weekend. We sit at least 24 hours out of the week. The pay is even worse than standard combo o/o bc we are now IC's, and had to go to a leasing coop to get a truck and guarantee not to be screwed by not being paid at all.

So, I've been researching options. All the forums, everyone says all the negatives...
    Is there an upside? Or is this another carrier of your compensation is loving what you do? Jobs that one loves are great, but if you can't even pay basic bills, or feed yourself, even with a strict budget, what's the point?
    I speak for my fellow novices when I say, may we have some positive feedback, please? The carriers don't care. The leasers and Banks don't care. The govt doesn't care. What happened to this great brotherhood of awesome ladies and gents that my retired trucking family members so adoringly remember?
    Wondering if we've made a mistake...

10. BNRI

BNRI Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    PA
    *career of loving what you do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.