**Knight orientation... Are you kidding me??**

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Smoken0221, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Smoken0221

Smoken0221 Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Went to knight orientation 7-20-2015. Recruiter, name was nelson, told me "yea your app looks great we'll get you on a bus and get you to orientation you should have a job in NO TIME!!", i have a fatality accident from 2011 on my record and thats all i was afraid of, he said "oh that shouldnt be a problem at all!" right... anyways i was excited and went, got there and SEEMED like a great place, i went to the el paso terminal for orientation and i live in Amarillo, TX. did the urine and hair folicle tests passed with flying colors, nailed the road test too. but they said i had to do a sleep study at home before i could get dispatched.... uhhmmm ok? sure. got a bus back home. Paid 180 bucks for the at home sleep study to be sent out to me on top of overnighting it so i could get it overwith. Got the study results clearing me yesterday, tried calling my recruiter, wouldnt answer.... started calling other offices and terminals trying to get ahold of somebody that i could have the results sent to, wild goose chase all #### day. finally got ahold of a guy and guess what?? my recruiter was fired! so ok maybe you can help me out? sure... looks at my record and said "looks like you have a fatality in 2011, sorry dude but any major accident is a disqualification for employment if its less than 5 years old"...... WHAT!!?? i was astonished and PISSED. I said "so that mfer nelson blew smoke up my ### the entire time!?" he replied im afraid so, thats the reason he was dismissed, he bought people in when they didnt qualify and the company was losing money on all the bus tickets and hotel room expenses for those people that most likely quit there previous jobs to go to orientation just to be let go later on.... wtf... how low of that creton... so now here i am scrambling for another job with wasted money on a #### sleep test i didnt even need.... just low...and thats not all... if i wouldnt have gotten the sent home to do my sleep study they were about to give me keys for a truck?? wtf!? these people are freakin clueless.... what a joke. maybe it was a blessing. ill call transport america back and maybe theyll get me goin. yall stay safe.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    wow that sucks

Yeah Transport America instead .. moving up in the world! :biggrin_2556:

4. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    Ive heard decent things about em.. dont seem too bad. hopefully wont jerk me around. im just ready to go to work. USA truck, U.S Xpress, Werner, and maverick called me too but TA looks like my best option.

5. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    it would have been so much easier if he wouldve just been honest and told me the dang truth... but no... whatever, it was a blessing in desguise. god is good

6. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    how about... not any mega fleet?

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    a recruiter and telling the truth? :laughing8: you're joking right?

Welcome to truck driving dude.. it's lies, lies and more lies everywhere.

8. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    see freightwipper i was thinkin about that but i only got 5 months otr exp. most of them wont even pee in your general direction without at least 6 months. Im in amarillo and we used to have baldwin distribution which seemed great and req 4 months but they went to the crapper a while back.. CTI seemed great too but req 1 year..

9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    yeah not having enough experience will limit your options...

Anyways I joined Crete with less than a year experience and made $1150-$1300 working a full week when I was there.
    They even have a dedicated home weekly job right in your town and 4 months experience is the requirement.

Might be worth checking out...

Here it is:

http://cretecarrierjobs.com/job/dedicated-home-weekly-truck-driving-jobs-amarillo-texas/

Smoken0221 Thanks this.
  10. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

Well part of the Reason why Knight had to Tighten up their Standards was due to that little Nasty Accident they had a few years ago when one of their Drivers already in HOS Violation came up on a Bad Accident RAN OVER the Surviving Accident Victim then was ORDERED by Knight to drive to CA without Stopping where Knight tried to HIDE any and all Evidence that the Driver was at the Scene of the Crime. Trouble was he Left a Fairing with the Truck # Vin # MC # at the Scene of the crime. Knight even had the Drivers Steer Tires Destroyed in Reno Steam Cleaned the Frame of the truck in an Effort to Block Evidence Destroyed all Comm Records of the Truck for 4 Days and then even tried to Block the Driver from being Talked to by the State Police.

The Judge Threw the Freaking Book at them here is that Legal Brief makes for some FUN READING.
    http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?xmldoc=In FDCO 20110224A09.xml&docbase=CSLWAR3-2007-CURR

drvrtech77, hal380, RustyBolt and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Smoken0221

Jul 13, 2015
    See i applied to them to and they sent me an email saying they wernt in the position to offer me employment at this time.. i really wanted to drive for them too. but hey, at least they told me right away i wasnt getting the job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.