Knight payroll problems?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Irahays, Jan 15, 2015.

1. jcarey10

jcarey10 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2014
    I have never had an issue with payroll. And if I did, there is no way I would still be here. I was shorted 100 miles once, DM forgot to route me out of my house coming off of hometime. Simple fix and all was settled. For what its worth, I'm on daily pay and only use the app to scan in loads (except now because the app is down).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Wait, the app is down too?

4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Yep, they are upgrading the entire server bank that runs the Portal, app among other things. If your signed in dont sign out as it wont let you back into the app. Was told monday it should be back up and running. Guess we will see.

I use the transflow app to scan trips in, works well enough and is not tied to the portal. So still works when the rest of the crap goes down.

5. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I had to use the transflow app today as the Knight app was still down. Everything went through and got my pay from what i scanned today. It will really be nice to get our app back up and running so we can access the drivers portal

6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Im surprised how much i use the app and never noticed. Now that it is down cant wait for it to be back up lol.

7. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Yeah no kidding, I am the same. It will be nice even if they just get the driver portal up first, but than found out that it is all on the same server system. Found out that it is nothing wrong with the programs but the server itself, so once they fix it all of them will be back up at once.

8. Ashleyh

Ashleyh Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I worked in Knights Billing Department and they screwed up pay. I'm an hourly employee that clocks in and out. How do you mess that up? But for you Knight drivers, Make sure you keep everything! Drivers wouldn't get paid for lumpers all the time for not scanning in receipts. When I would ask them if they still had it, They would have thrown it out by then. I say keep all paperwork for at least 60 days. Lumpers, fuel, BOL's, EVERYTHING! or it's just to bad so sad for you. Knight doesn't care. At least that's what I witnessed there.

JimDucan and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. JimDucan

Mar 31, 2010
    One thing that is really odd is you never see payroll magically adding money to your paycheck, it's always short...

Kinda makes you wonder if they need a major auditing by an outside source.

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    WHOA THERE! OK, I'm an ex-Knight driver. And I have no love lost for that outfit. I was on the phone with payroll WEEKLY. But you can't blame the company for not paying something they have no record of! If the driver doesn't have enough brains to submit all his paperwork, then it is strictly on the driver.

And as far as whether Knight CARES or not, who CARES if Knight CARES, as long as they get your paycheck right, and don't screw you over on other stuff, such as sending you for non-existing trailers, on your own dime. Knight screws up enough stuff themselves, without trying to make them responsible for the driver's screw ups.

11. JimDucan

Mar 31, 2010
    I dunno, I've had them reverse lumper POs months after I have finished the load. So that could be the case where "keep for at least 10 days" could really bite you on the ###.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.