Knight Refrigerated/Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by reefertank, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indignant trucker

Indignant trucker Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I can confirm what the OP has claimed about Knight's equipment.
    I started with knight right out of CDL school.
    I had 7 trucks that broke down in 6 months. Mostly internationals. But one Volvo.
    It's true, what was said about maintenance. They care very little about proper maintenance, and will only make repairs if the truck is completely out of service.
    Otherwise, they prefer you drive their trucks until the wheels fall off.
    Don't get me started about their garbage fleet of trailers.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I'm guessing the reason for the maintenance issues is they are a mega. If they don't pay upper rates to attract top drivers, do you think they pay upper rates to attract top technicians?

4. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    No one is doubting you or the OP. Mega's all have a fleet of used and abused trucks and trailers. They also hire technicians so dumb they need a manual to change a tailight. That is not a joke.

What is funny here is this guy kept complaining that he was given his choice of trucks in the yard and he was perturbed they all were Volvos, with 200k, and mechanical issues. Well, he has a legitimate point about the mechanical issues but that should be expected from a mega. Nothing new. What is funny is his wall of text complaining about 200k Volvos. As if any other mega would have something different for him. 200k is better then the fleet average at any mega. It is obvious some recruiter promised him more, he bought it, and now ashamed we pointed that out to him.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  5. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I was there for 1.5 years and had a very different experience. Your success depends on the terminal you are dispatched out of. Mine treated me well, I never had a problem getting something fixed, and, other than issues related to poor pre trips before I got it, the trailers were alright.

6. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    ROFL at assumption dedicated guys don't sleep in the truck, why do you think it has a sleeper? And you may have a short, dedicated, run, but the urine smell would be from the guy before you that you know nothing about.....some peoples children.....

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Just create a youtube video...become famous..and move onto a real company.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    What is it with you guys and the name calling?

The OP truthfully reported on a situation going on with Knight that is totally unacceptable and all you people do is focus on your own personal fantasies that he is somehow unqualified and unjustified to make any negative comment at all.

If everybody remains in that semi- macho denial thing (work hard and don't complain; a real man can take it!) like the likes of all you capitulative brown nosers, then the bar stays low for all the rest of us in regards to any possible employment with all these corporate slave shops.

Truth is, the OP had both the courage and the ability to report on his mistreatment (yep, I said mistreatment) and exploitation with an abusive company.

The quality of Volvos set aside ( I happen to like them, myself) the meat of the OP's post is primarily a gripe against an alarming trend regarding business as usual at today's mega (and not so mega) carriers, if not at nearly every company in operation regardless of product and service here in the country that Gawd has blessed.

Yessir fellow Americans, you may be broke, in debt, have no future whatsoever, and be working for serf wages with no medical insurance but at least you're free. And blessed.
    Hey, a real man don't complain; my Daddy always says to be thankful for all ya got.

Keep up the good work OP, you really nailed it dead on; maybe you even helped others from the mistake of accepting employment with these shysters.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  9. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Keep up the good work? Nailed it dead on?

Are you delusional?

The guy was calling a truck old because it had 300k miles on it. He got called out for that. No one bashed him complaining about broke trucks. He was bashed because he is a primadonna that thinks companies should replace trucks every 2 years.

10. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    I guess I am delusional;
    Must just be my hyper-active imagination that I read that the OP had no AC in 95 degree plus heat, yet was told by Knight DM's to basically just deal with it.
    It's people like yourself, with your quick to blame the messenger mentality that help keep these operations going strong with their bottom line only policies that include no regards to employee welfare in any way.

reefertank Thanks this.
  11. reefertank

reefertank Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Eastern Oregon
    Thanks for the thanks and support. Thought this thread was dead, but I'm glad to see some of you understand the entire point of this thread.

First of all, for others who will read Toomanybikes post, quit believing that troll. He is twisting my story to take advantage of your simple mindedness and to use against me. I only had 1 truck with 200k miles on it, and that was the last truck i drove for the outfit. I ended the OP with that. I did not "complain" about the truck with 200k miles on it. The truck was not old, it did not break down on me. I thought I made that clear to him, but i guess i was wrong. The rest were 300k-500k.

And I reiterate, 300k-500k trucks are not old trucks from a small company or O/O standpoint that takes good care of their trucks. Trucks can last well over a million miles if you take good care of them, and that is what you're basing your argument on. Which I freaking understand you incompetent morons.

We should be asking you this question, "Are you the one who is delusional?" I crawled through ~14 Volvos and ~4 Internationals 18 trucks that all had problems, averaging ~350k miles on them. That's 18 trucks that are off the road. These are trucks that were "ready" to be assigned to a new driver, not in the back and tagged out of service. This tells me, and should tell your blind ### along with the other 2, these are "OLD" trucks based (defined) on the standards of a Mega Carrier. Again, they RETIRE, sell off these beat up trucks with around 350k-450k miles on them for $30,000-$40,000. There is literally a line (20+) of trucks with 350k-450k miles that are tagged out of service, at one of the smaller shop terminals. None of which I had the "pleasure" of crawling through. If i did, the magic number would have been 40+... all with an average of ~350-450k miles. We are talking about Mega Carrier trucks, not your uncles truck with 1.3 million miles on it and still running strong, but can now be defined as an "old" truck. Everyone has their own definition of what is an old truck.

If the company took BETTER CARE of their EQUIPMENT, then all of these out of service trucks with 350k miles on them would probably still be in service and I WOULDN'T HAVE A STORY TO TELL. But in the first 2 days i was I was re-assigned to 4 different trucks, towed in 1, and crawled through ~18 in total. Most of these "new, just broken in" trucks had 300-375k miles on them.

I created this thread to warn new drivers that are interested in joining with Knight Transportation/Refrigerated in the NW region. Not to challenge a bunch of inbred morons with a life agenda to make everything a pissing contest because they have nothing else to look forward to in life but to drag people down into there little #### hole.

And yes Bo Hunt, the truck has a 52" sleeper for emergencies, like being stranded in the middle of a snow storm. And if it smelled like piss, I would just spray Febreze and deal with it. All i care about is having a truck, with no serious issues, that runs so i can make money.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.