Knight squire- Im a fat guy

Discussion in 'Knight' started by budjones, Jan 25, 2015.

1. budjones

budjones Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I have applied with Knight for the Squire cdl training in Olive branch Ms. The recruiter said she would call after i filled out the 100 question Squire Assessment. That was 4 days ago. Should i call them? Or is 4 days normal?
    I am 43 years old 5'9 325 lb's , and have read about the strict physical they put you through in orientation. I am worried about that. Any fat guys here working for Knight that passed the physical, and give me some tips? thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Post a selfie with a time stamp.

4. budjones

budjones Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    fat_guy_eating.jpg lol this is not me but close

5. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    There are drivers that are 400-500 lbs. You will be one of the slimmer ones.

6. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Must.....resist.....urge......to......post......:biggrin_25512:

Gunner75 and ramblingman Thank this.
  7. port driver

port driver Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Its a basic test. They aren't going to have you running ten miles or anything. They just want to make sure you can do your job.

We had a guy pass the physical and die a week after getting into the truck. So yeah its not a big deal.

8. budjones

budjones Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Thanks. That makes me feel better. But man I hope the physical didn have anything to do with his death.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

A 'real life' question is: "Can you unload up to 44K-lbs with a pallet jack or hand dolly if you 'had to?!'

Knight doesnt always get it right when accepting a load and it may end up as a 'driver unload,' or not considered a driver unload if a 'tailgate' of the freight!! Been there/done that several times!

I picked up a loaded van trailer at a salt mine in Moab, UT with 16 pallets of 50ea/50lb bags of salt for 'delivery' to Las Vegas once. No dock, had to tailgate the 16 pallets, which were bending and hard to get a jack under due to the heavy weight, with a pallet jack to the rear door so a forklift could pick it up (plus the unloading area was also slightly 'up hill!"). Did it in 100 deg summer heat and almost killed myself!! Complained to my DM afterwards & got a few bucks, but needed a day off to recover..... :biggrin_25521:

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I see a Sleep Apnea Test and a CPAP machine in your very near future.

Rugerfan and Mudguppy Thank this.
  11. lcfd15

lcfd15 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Yup Knights policy is anything over 30% BMI has to get a sleep study done or if diagnosed with sleep apnea already has to get a CPAP

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.