Koch Trucking Minneapolis any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by radiorambo, Aug 5, 2007.

1. goose19726

goose19726 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    no dedicated account yet, hook me up if ya can...lol
    it is my understanding that they have been pulling drivers off dedicated and putting them back into otr due to the pi$$ poor economy...story of my life
    anyway I guess I will have to use my time in otr to prove myself
    either way I consider myself lucky just to have a job when there are so many that don't

kentucky24
    I am glad she called ya, she seems like a sweet lady
    hollar at me on the cb, my handle is goose and I will buy ya a cup of coffee somewhere

Mortar Man Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I will see what I can do 4 ya...

They are on a firing spree ( no alarm) just weeding out the trash .. Frequent late, frequent truck accidents, incidents, and piss poor attitudes.

You picked a good company . I did however put a word in for u to get a 08/09 truck with traction control .

Onan is full so is kmart
    But I will see about bestbuy no promises on that but will try.
    BE SURE u are on the dedicated list by close of business tomorrow or I will be pi$$:# g in the wind .

I told here I would consider a return for the right deal
    Kmart / bestbuy with a 09/10 with purchase option on truck .

Oh if u get the 09 which are limited but I might have it pulled off for u..! ??? If u decide to buy it .. Eventually ...

1 filll it up right before you arrive (free company paid fuel)
    2 snatch the prepass / I pass
    3 write up everything in the world on it 3 weeks before
    4 request a fresh service with apu service
    5 stock up on head lights , marker lights. Etc

On the road OTR

1 get 2-3 log books just to have extras invade out of terminals a while.
    2 get 20-30 trip envelopes
    3 keep a note book for trip numbers etc ... Handy
    4 make sure truck has a extra light kit (side box)
    5 glad hand lock ( with key)
    6 get at least 20 seals (trust me)

Put your logs that are completed in each trip envelope all the time .
    They will hold your check if you get over 7-10 logs not turned in if you have completed a trip during that time. Send them in each load even if just one.

Get phone numbers to

Koch roadservice
    Minneapolis shop
    Payroll
    Human resourses
    Dispatcher
    Week end dispatch
    Payroll fax ( for pay day cutoffs to fax In bills for payday) if needed

( very handy to have before u leave out )

Keep fuel within 15 mins they are anal bout that ....
    Keep fuel reciepts put in envelope
    Fax trips in on. Thursday / Friday

Good luck man u made a good decision ...

Tell amy she made my day ( by calling) and I want to give her my email address so call me back ....

Ky24

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    Hey

Don't say nothing about
    Truck , dedicated to anybody ... At all ... Especially in your class ..

You will see my magic tomorrow no promises on dedicated but will try . May have to roll OTR a little bit but I'll get it done for u eventually have faith

Good luck

5. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    AHHH, Lutefisk, the texture of it sucks but first yiu need to get past the smell of it first, either that or try some butter on it. Helps slide it down. ME? Ill stickk to swedish meatballs for now on.

6. MCR6468

MCR6468 Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    hi lilbit!
    I like sushi....can it be worse than that?:biggrin_25511:? I have seen some really "weird" fish dishes and ways it is eaten...so It can't be that bad...can it?

7. _ton bundle

_ton bundle Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Elevator Bay, Minnesota
    It's whitefish 'cooked' in lye and its so nasty that I can't believe people don't die from the smell alone. We get a little weird up here with the 9 months of winter and all.

Stick with seviche. Its much better.

Enough of the hijacking. KY24 deserves a lot of respect for going out of his way to help out another driver. He is definitely going above and beyond for Goose. That is really cool. What a good guy (and thanks for giving us Tubby, too!).

MCR6468, The Challenger and Mortar Man Thank this.
  8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    kentucky, thanks for everything you are doing to help a fellow driver (goose). its not often you see this done; a driver stepping in to help out and give good advice. Thanks.

KH

Mortar Man Thanks this.
  9. dsmatuska

dsmatuska Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Pine City, MN
    If you have to ask you won't like it.:biggrin_25525:

10. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Driver2008mi [​IMG]
    Kentucky,

Koch seems like a good company for me. I went through their web site, and clicked on their 'Career' page, but the page won't seem to open. So, I was wondering if you could refer me or something. I have 6 months OTR exp, w/ 1 accident (which was a minor, due to backing of course), let me know if you can help me out, man.
    Thanks

Yeah I will try ..

I am doing the comunication of the KOCH stuff through the thread that GOOSE started called
    KOCH ORIENTATION ... (in the favorite companies section)

Check that thread out and let me know what you think about KOCH and I can give you some pointers I got SOME connections there but I cant bend any rules really ...

Let me also know more about your accident
    1. how much damage $$$
    2. Injuries ??
    3. Do you have any tickets - (seatbelt, moving viloations)
    4. Are you a FELON (probally not but need to know sorry to ask)
    5. In your accident did you get a ticket or a citation even a warning?
    Please answer theses and also I will need to know just how many Jobs you have had in the last 6 months driving and for the last 3 years.. (in general)

I was on the phone last week with them with GOOSE getting him set up but they are tightening up on the qualifications and whom they hire and the turn over is going down . It is high right now but it is strictly due to weeding out LOTS and I mean LOTS of bad apples . They have seen they can get a better quality driver right now in these times than before and are taking advantage of it.

You do meet the requirments at a glance but answer my questions and I will try to assist you if I can I am gonna copy this post on the KOCH ORIENTATION THREAD ALSO..

This is also where I will feild your further questions about KOCH

Chat soon ..

Ky24:yes2557:

I will help you all I can but need you to be truthful in answering the questions . They respect me there and I dont want to tarnish my reputation with those folks they have been good to me in the past.

And before anyone asks ..
    NO, NO, & NO I do not drive for them I did in the past, No I DO NOT get anything out of this . AT ALL NOTHING

You can ask GOOSE whom was just up there . I get nothing but satisfaction of helping out a fellow driver. That is 100% the truth..

ky24:yes2557::biggrin_25525:

11. goose19726

goose19726 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    ok just checking in, got my truck on thursday, it is an 06 with 452000 miles on it
    to tell the truth I was a little irritated about this but after driving what is without a doubt the oldest and highest mileage truck I have driven in 4 years, it is also the best mainatained. there is literally nothing wrong with this truck and it even pulls decent
    went and picked up my load in WI going to garland tx to be there tomorrow, I am at the house right now to load up all the stuff I could not pack into my luggage for the trip up north
    koch seems like a decent company, time will tell but without a doubt they are tightening their belts and getting serious about enforcing their policies
    I heard rumors while I was in minneapolis this week about the experiance requirements going to 2 years verifiable otr
    again I want to thank kentucky24 for all his help
    his advice helped me alot and I greatly appreciate it
    I will continue to update this thread as time goes on and hopefully I get some wireless service for my laptop so I can do this easier
    ya'll have a great day and be safe out there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.