Kroger-all of them are tied for the worst

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by ShortBusKid, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    I'm sitting here going on my 5th hour waiting at Ralph's (Kroger) in Riverside. The load I brought in was 23 pallets of exactly the same stuff. On Saturday I got the pleasure of spending 6.5 hours at Frys (Kroger) in Tolleson, AZ delivering 21 pallets of all the exact same stuff.

I just don't get these people. I understand it takes a while to unload and both places are busy so the dock may have been full but still this is excessive. I haven't been to a Kroger warehouse yet that wasn't a nightmare. I guess I'm going to have to just avoid any load going to Kroger at all. They just plain suck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Detention paid or no?

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I heard that Kroger warehouse workers are union. Can anyone verify? Would explain a great deal. I delivered a few loads to the one in Delaware, OH a few years back. Was very slow then too.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Kroger, management and healthcare excluded, is all union.

6. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    We've all been there bro.....
    Part of the game. I just shut down the truck, put the window shades on and take a nice long nap. Don't sit and wait for theses aholes and waste time, get a nap in.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  7. ShortBusKid

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Yes for Saturday. No for today. I can't ever seem to get produce brokers to pay

8. ShortBusKid

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Normally that's exactly my plan but I slept all night and couldn't sleep again. I know it's just how it is in this business but that doesn't make it right. I guess this was kind of a rant thread because I've had over 19 hours unload time in the last three loads. It's just frustrating. Now I'm late for my pickup so I'll probably sit here a while too

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I del to kroger in houston on my normal load home and arrive before 4am for the appt and I'm rolling back out at 530am....

ncmickey Thanks this.
  10. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    The last few times I've been to Delaware, I've been in and out in under two hours. What's with these jerks? Don't they know I need a long nap?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    ncmickey and Vilhiem Thank this.
  11. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Being Union has nothing to do with it

12 ga Thanks this.
  12. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    So, I am wrong that Union warehouses take longer to unload? Hmmm .... I always thought that "taking longer" meant that it took more time. Now I'm confused. Have to break out the books and see if I have "shorter" and "longer" backwards. Or if maybe my whole concept of time is just completely screwed. Is day actually night and night actually day? Am I getting younger and not older? Oh crap, this is going to make me question everything I've learned in my past. Or was that the future?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.