KW T680 stock coax help

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by XenonZe, Sep 25, 2016.

1. XenonZe

XenonZe Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    I just switched into a 2015 t680 company truck. I found the CB coax, two wires from two antennas I'm guessing, with no connectors (bare ends as if the . RG-59U 22 ga. wires. I have a uniden bearcat radio I'd like to be able to connect. Can anyone suggest a connector to solve this issue?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    well if the ends have been cut off you need new ones..Gonna have to get a good cb shop to do that..OR run some lmr 240 yourself with ends already on it

4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You'll need a couple of these and a couple reducers..[​IMG]

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-pl259
    $2.75 each plus the cost of the reducers

5. Xcis

Xcis Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bridgeport, Pa
    Well, if the coax cables are really RG 59/U then both of those 70 ohm cables need to be co-phased. That will require a co-phased wiring harness to connect both antennas to the radio. If using both antennas and they are not co-phased, the mismatch will cause all kinds of havoc.
    . Simple solution: run your own 50 ohm coax (RG 58, RG 8, Lmr something or other or similar 50 ohm resistance cable) from only one of the antennas to the radio. Route the cable through the truck or be lazy like me and just route the cable through the driver side window just make sure you do NOT close the window all the way up and crush the cable. It may look like [bleep] but I don't care.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.