KW T700

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by BKLusk64, May 15, 2016.

1. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I am seeing some used T700 for sell. Does anyone have any insight on these. I know KW has stop production of them I think.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    What kind of insight? It's basically a slightly wider T680. KW did stop production, the T680 replaced both the T700 and the T660. It's supposedly the best of both worlds.

4. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    It has very little in common with the T680 - whole different truck.
    The T700 is pretty much just a warmed over T2000. They've improved some areas - made it easier to remove the cab fairings, for example, and the headlights are much more practical than the bumper mounted headlights of the T2000. Interiors leave a bit to be desired for build quality. Unlike the T2000, the T700 will be equipped with an aftertreatment system (DPF or DPF/SCR, depending on model year). I'd avoid any T700s with a Cat engine, since the T700 was produced in years when Cat wasn't exactly in their prime. Cummins ISX and PACCAR MX engines can also be found in them. Gen 1 PACCARs aren't terrible engines, but they have their quirks, as well as belt tensioners with a propensity to go tits up (Gen 2 seems to have rectified this issue).
    Whatever you do, don't break a bumper bracket in one - given where they've located the bolts for the bumper brackets, you have to lift the radiator to swap out a bumper bracket. I suppose that would be my biggest annoyance with them.

LumbraX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.