L & B Travel Plaza on I-20 exit 17, Alabama MIXING Diesel with Gasoline

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Verdel, May 30, 2015.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    So, in your professional opinion do you think that the station owner is purposely putting gasoline in his diesel tank?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Highly doubt it ! The owner knows this would mess up peoples trucks.

4. Pavlov's Cat

Pavlov's Cat Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Not unless he's a complete dolt. The potential cost of ensuing liability for doing so far outweighs any bit of monetary gain he might receive. Like I said, we dealt with replacing engines and the costs of dropping the wrong product into a tank. Oftentimes, you'll wind dealing with insurance companies and lawyers representing the injured party looking for remedy, not to mention the regulatory agencies of the appropriate jurisdiction. It simply isn't worth the risk.

5. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Only in Alabama....

6. sshewins

sshewins Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    X2 on the possible cross drop.

A few places I used to deliver to in Chicago would always seem to order too much regular (87) and not enough premium (93). Topped off the regular and dumped the rest into the premium tank, with bosses and store owners permission, of course.

7. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's no way the owner would be able to convince the tanker driver to drop gas in a dsl tank or vice versa. You get caught 100% of the time and lose your job. Regular in a premium tank I can see but nobody purposely messes with dsl.

8. Verdel

Verdel Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Then, what is the procedure if you accidentally dump gasoline in the diesel tank? Keep selling the mixture until is finished?

9. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    No you have to pump it out. At the expense of the trucking company who cross dumped.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    You shut down all sales immediately. The fuel mixture is pumped out and stored somewhere until a sutiable way to dispose it is found. All fuel dispensers are flushed until nothing but pure diesel is coming out. Next all fuel filters on the pumps are changed. Then you hope and pray you are not hit with many thousands of dollars worth of truck repair, wrecker bills, possible engine overhaul, and lots of freight bills for relayed freight or spoiled produce while the affected trucks were in the shops.

Could be verrrrrry costly. No owner in his right mind would do that on pourpose, and no tanker driver that had good sense would do that on purpose either.

11. Verdel

Verdel Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Then, why the owner kept selling even when he knew the diesel is polluted?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.