L S cheap loads

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by wedge542, Nov 25, 2014.

1. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    u r right but a partial going the same direction is not always available and you have to consider how much time you investing on both loads plus out of route miles and then the rate you getting to get out of california

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigNATURE

bigNATURE Medium Load Member

May 5, 2013
    Texas city, tx
    I was looking at a load coming back out in Carson to Dallas area for the same rate

4. zinita17601

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    if that rate is what you need to be happy than i cant argue with you,all im saying if a certain lane pays x amount per mile on average why will anybody take a lesser amount to run that lane,you just keeping money on the table.

bigNATURE Thanks this.
  5. bigNATURE

May 5, 2013
    Texas city, tx
    :biggrin_25525:
    Im keeping a close eye on everything. And you are right. I wish to leave no money on the table. ;;The average (including high and lows) for freight in each lane is only as accurate as your experience for watching these lanes for years- which I do not have exactly yet. I have a good ball park figure of what everything is going for to and from all corners. Just need more time to really build that up even more. And as I make this transition there will be more and more for me to learn about open deck freight lanes compared to van freight lanes. They're looking GENERALLY the same but I have been noticing exceptions and differences here and there. ;;;I'm just learning from researching, studying, watching you guys here on the forums and everywhere else I can combined with good old trial and error, experience, and common sense.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. zinita17601

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    im still learning just like you are,today i picked up from ohio going to jersey(a load to go home for thanksgiving)the guy next to me is getting $500 more for the same load and i thaught $3.3 a mile was good.just sharing what im learning as i go.

bigNATURE Thanks this.
  7. bigNATURE

May 5, 2013
    Texas city, tx
    Wow. Do you run your authority or LS?

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Ohio is a truckers market right now, and probably through the winter. $4+ to the truck easy.

9. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    this thread just shows that many times a guy is saying rates aren't good he is missing something just like the OP did.

I think one reason many don't know what rate to ask for is they don't know their costs of operation and what above that they want.

funny thing is fortycal and I talked up at truckers world in ohio over breakfast, hes with landstar and I am with mercer , we both used to have our own authority, but we think a whole lot alike.

I often will see a load on the mercer board and will tell I cant do it for that but I will say what I can do it for, many times I get it. like when they ask if I can layover the next day and unload, what will it cost??? don't think I ask for 100 dollars, I start out at 750, but depending on where I am at 500 will get me to stay. but ya never know til ya ask.

rollin coal, 281ric and bigNATURE Thank this.
  10. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Glad I kept my boots on while I was away.

11. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Huh? If your truck was less than ten years old when you leased on they'd grandfather you once your in, but why would they say ten years or newer if they they don't mean it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.