Landforce (Victorville CA) STAY AWAY!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AlphaHenry, Apr 6, 2014.

1. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    First off I drive for Wal~mart. Now as for break downs on the road, things happen. It happens at our company as well. The only difference is they get it fixed when we call. You need to just fix it out of your pocket and bring it back and leave. Most drivers come on here complaining that they were forced to take out bad equipment hence my statements. Either way I hope you have left or planning on leaving and get on to something better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MobileRoadWarrior

MobileRoadWarrior Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2013
    NO, They pay you as an employee. but they use other methods to shave off the top and save money. one example is the "Driver Per Diem". and of course they don't pay you full mileage for Pick Up's. The good thing is that we have websites like this to "Educate Drivers" and warn them of such companies that break the law and cheat their employees. Drivers that are caught in such situations need to document everything and make copies of all documents concerning their pay and report them to the proper Authorities i.e... U.S Dept. Of Labor and D.O.T. and please don't forget to frequent this site and many others on the internet and post your experiences to help other drivers not make the same mistake of hiring on with such companies. waste of time and money.

4. Rajinder Bhangu

Rajinder Bhangu Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Another few bite the dust!
    Three more drivers haven't been paid. Two left the company, one still puts up with it.
    One was docked $1000.00 because the grill on his piece of crap truck fell off on the freeway. How was that his fault?
    This company steals from it's drivers and has a revolving door. Screw one driver out of a few thousand, there's one in line to take his job.

A class-action is being readied against this group.

DriverToBroker Thanks this.
  5. Lonely Rider

Lonely Rider Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2016
    I should listen to you and now I got burned. They will keep you 2-3 days in MidAmerica at the truck stop without pay and on a way back for day or two in NV or AZ two weeks out not making 5K miles. Direct deposit is working that you have to get direct to the office to get a check. In a month they only pay me 500 advance. You also have to buy 20 $ overnight shipping. They I need for a drivers for many years now. It's a headache where the drivers and equipment are at the last thing to take care in a Trucking company

6. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overall the truck maintenance system is rigged against drivers.

Take the truck to a scale and get it inspected, your CSA will be dinged and in most states, you will be issued the ticket. Sorry, trucking companies lobbied to get these rules set up this way.

It should be all maintenance tickets go to the the registered owner of the truck. If that happened, watch all these truck maintenance problems end the same day. Right now, trucking companies can dump all their deficiencies on the driver and they know it.

7. Ritzbitz

Ritzbitz Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Im coming into this industry, in school at the moment, i have an idea/question.

If u refuse to drive the truck because it isnt roadworthy. Can u call the Shariffs to ding the company, with out it going on ur dac?

8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    ^^^ Sheriffs office usually doesn't give a crap and if they did most of them don't know the dot rules.

Look up the coercion rule just instated to help this situation. However, their are few examples seen or heard of a just resolution of the coercion rule given.

When your dealing with your employer and this issue, you are more often then not on your own. Not that no one will back you up although that may be the case, expect a fight.

Ritzbitz Thanks this.
  9. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    sheriffs just like to go out to the trailer park and see what the problem is.
    mostly the state patrol loves to inspect semi trucks and write tickets on the interstate highway systems.
    some of your city cops have got into the truck inspection racket also.
    many truck drivers lust after the US Marshalls and fantasize that they will come to their rescue against all the other agencies listed above

10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    In a case like this you have to plan it out a little. Does the company have a track record of denying repairs? Yes? OK. Here's what to do. First the repair has to be 'safe' enough to travel to the nearest en route truck stop who can do the repairs and this repair shop is close to the next en route weigh station. So you give the company the info that you are here at a repair place, and what do they want to do? They say NO, fine call up a tow truck and have the unit towed to the weigh station for immediate inspection.

Probably will cost you $500 bucks but your PSP and CSA and MVR will be finger lickin spotless. $500 is a lot cheaper than the ticket and OOS you risk, and $500 is certainly cheaper than an injury or fatality crash even if it wasn't your fault.

The company said NO to the repairs an hour ago will not be able to tell the DOT NO to the repairs now. The DOT will not release their unit til it is fixed. Company doesn't even need to know you towed it in. For all they know you drove it to the weigh station since it was en route to your load and you got picked for an inspection. They only need to know whatever you tell them and you don't tell them much.

11. Hotplate

Hotplate Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    See, this is what I don't understand. It's not 1992 anymore, there's a whole slew of online research available from trucking forums like this, to CSA scores, to Facebook...you name it. And what happens? People CONTINUE to drive for these two-bit, fly-by-night outfits. People lease-purchase trucks from CR England. 1099. The list goes on and on and on.

I just don't get !

SoCalRed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.