Landstar flat/step freight for AZ, NM, TX?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by fuzzeymateo, May 22, 2013.

1. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    Can someone tell me if there is enough LS flatbed freight in AZ, NM, and TX? I live in AZ and am looking at running primarily these states if I sign onto LS. I check the LS broker board everyday and it seems as if there is enough going out of AZ and some coming back from central and east TX. Not sure what it pays though since its not listed on the broker board and I can't check the other board. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    your not going to survive hauling freight in the west.

and you can cross new mexico off your list.

4. amanzanedo

amanzanedo Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Do you have a van trailer or just flat??? if u have van trl nogales,az to laredo,tx and back 95%drop and hook,send me a message if u want.

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    The LS broker board is a poor representation of whats available, to get a better idea of whats out there you need to go thru the LS load board demonstration thats offered to perspective BCO's. My guess is alot of the specialized freight being moved by the flat and step guys never makes it to any board. LSAgentOZR would be a great person to run your questions by.

6. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Really,are you talking flatbed freight or freight in general. I mainly run west and Im doing really well.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  7. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    How come? I realize there is more freight on the BCO load board but is the broker board generally lower paying? I see the weight which is usually pretty heavy but like I said there is usually freight in the lane I want to run. I will run that question by him. Thanks for your help.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

step/flat. although i haven't been doing a query for flat specifically since i don't have the equipment made up yet. but freight sucks. pay sucks. short hauls. anything long isn't even worth the price of fuel.

let's put it this way. $900 from montana to florida. that's just one example.

between the piss poor rates. and the lousy fuel economy from being in the mountains all the time. i don't see how ANY trucking business can survive running west coast. my first company decided to dump there flats and buy reefers to run east coast.

9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I don't have much freight that remains in the west coast. My stuff primarily runs out of the CA ports, and TX going east and then OH & TN going to points all over. We can get together if you want and I can take a look at the load board in more detail when I've got some downtime. I can't give you prices because that would be a no no, but I can tell you if the freight is there or not in the specific lanes you want to run. I personally wouldn't limit myself to those three states though. If you want to be really successful here, you drop your limitations and you go where the freight is.

Desert_Skies Thanks this.
  10. pete2951

pete2951 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    RIVERSIDE,CA
    I'm thinking about going over to landstar but I want to stay running Ca,Az,Nv,Ore, Wa areas does anyone know how those reefer , van lanes are doing at Lanstar?

11. pete2951

pete2951 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    RIVERSIDE,CA
    Hey Desert Skies are you still having success in the west with landstar and I know you are pulling Van how's the reefer doing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.