Landstar flatbed division

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Battle Born, Feb 26, 2014.

1. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    I can get you his email. Our if it's still a no, message me when you come back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    I can definitely email. It would be cool to get some info on all of the companies. First hand is better.

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    go to www.mercertown.com and have at it. contact info for all recruiting and all other info is there

Battle Born Thanks this.
  5. trevheff

trevheff Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2012
    do you all have anything on long haul by chance or know where I can find some info on them other than there website

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Well not to down Mercer to much.......every time I see them they are usually pulling building materials (trash freight). On the other hand they also comprise of a lot of retirees that "camp" and wait for that one high paying load. There is also a "good ol boy" club at Mercer. I dont care what they tell you. It exists. Basically certain choice loads are held/pre-dispatched for specific drivers. In short they "reserve" or "pre-dispatch" loads for certain O/O. In this case if the load is "pre-dispatched" or "pre-planned" it wont show on their load board. WHen Mercer says they dont with hold loads from their load board they are essentially correct.....this is because the load ALREADY HAS BEEN PRE-DISPATCHED/PRE=PLANNED. In fairness there is nothing wrong with this because almost every trucking company does this. I know this because I personally know quite a few O/O at Mercer. The good ol boys will get the "heads up" about upcoming loads....the rest is history.

Landstar had a huge logistic advantage over Mercer in so many ways....and so much freight to be had. In fact Landstar will let you switch from flat to van during the winter months if you wish.

truckfam Thanks this.
  7. 57104 - Ya Heard!

57104 - Ya Heard! Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would like to speak with an O/O from long haul if possible.

8. David198530

David198530 Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2015
    I have heard Mercer runs you pretty good but I am looking to go back out over the road. Had to sell my fathers truck last year and I ran it until a few months ago but couldn't stay away from my family. I was gone 6-8 weeks and just wasn't adding up with the truck payment since he bought a W900 with. Big sleeper but cancer is just not treating him so well and I left my job of being a Sheriff of 9 years to help out and I'm looking at a 2006 Pete from Florida. I am currently at DHL and land star is one of our top haulers and the drivers say they are making out really well and not sitting at all. If you all can give pointers I have also been looking at land star as well.

9. RandyB2292

RandyB2292 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Have you found an O.O. from Long Haul yet?

10. 57104 - Ya Heard!

57104 - Ya Heard! Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
  11. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We're O/O, and don't say much because we're FB and O/D. Anything I say gets trashed, so what's the point?

We'll run our truck and keep to ourselves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.