Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    By the way, Do any other LS drivers on here have a 53 flat(besides blair/gretchen)??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Buying a new trailer? Saw some stuff today out of ATL for one.

Made $250 and ate Sonny's BBQ today. I was the only one still on paper logs in CABS. Did they make you switch yet?

4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I just bought a brand new 53fl a few weeks ago…when i took cabs back in june, I was the only one on paper also…….

nope, haven't said a thing ago me about E-Logs….. Sonnys…I don't like the meat, but I like the beans…lol

fortycalglock Thanks this.
  5. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Been over a week since I have posted here. Life is good, enjoying the freedom of picking my own load. When I end up somewhere I shouldnt (freightwise) I can only blame myself. Spent last weekend at the Joplin Chrome Shop Mafia truck show and had a blast. Before I was done getting my rig washed, I had emailed on 2 loads for the monday following the show. Thursday I got up and before breakfast I had 2 loads booked and was ready to relax and enjoy my weekend.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  6. fortycalglock

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    So what did you buy? I bought a 3 month old Doonan 53 sdlp back in March. The cabs guy said they are going to start pushing us to convert to ELD next year, but he said a lot of stuff that isn't very factual as well. BTW, there's near in the beans and I like the sliced pork. If you're a Carolina bbq guy, I understand.

7. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I bought a transcript 53fl w aluminum deck and sliding rear axle……I really like it….Ive yet to haul an exclusive load that called for a 53fl but, I've gotten a few calls for some good 53fl freight but Ive already had loads booked. Im starting this week hauling some loads that are for 53fl or flat extended, gonna do them for a few months…..from what I understand

Yeah, one of the guys from Jefferson said LAST year that by July(a few months ago) they were gonna make us convert to ELD..I think the guy in Jefferson's name was Lawrence.

8. fortycalglock

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Good deal, finding a project that will last a while is the way to go right now. Blair has been trying to help me get on the frames, but I don't think it's going to work out. I'm not a fan of Transcraft as I owned two '98 rust buckets. Keep it washed in the winter!

BigGee and icsheeple Thank this.
  9. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    The frames, how long are they suppose to last, I believe those guys have been on them for most of the year correct? I couldn't do them, or at least not the Etown to KC one…..I see em all the time or at least every time I go up I75 through ohio and I71 from cincinnati to Louisville….I heard a lot about safety gear not being worn and drivers telling or something along those line...

10. fortycalglock

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I think they started in May. I had family life stuff going on at the time. They're going to keep going until they start loading the trains. There are a LOT of outside carriers on it.

11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    yea, I've seen 1 landstar guy on it, I pulled in next to him in rest area south of florence KY. Rest of them have been outside carriers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.