Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Just the regular cheap water & paper loads.. If anything good comes out there on the regular I'm sure another BCO that's been in that area the longest gets first dibs on it. Most guys out of Maine, Mass, NH deadhead points west in NY and PA to get outbound freight. I mean if you have no problem taking cheap stuff out, you're #### sure more likely to find freight back up

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scot Mackenzie

Scot Mackenzie Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Oh ok, I didn't know he loads sucked that bad ,but maybe you can get out then run around pa to nj to ny and back to nj almost chasing your tale I suppose. What ya think are those loads better.

4. TruckerPete24

TruckerPete24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    I finally got approved for Landstar.. I can't seem to find any info on their northeast freight. Can i just around Northeast and maybe va wv md ??how r the rates ?any drop and hooks ? any info is appreciated .thx.

5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    yeah its plenty of that freight. There's one load that comes out of Carlisle Pa that goes to Newington CT that pays pretty well on the regular. Just alot of guys kinda hate going up there...

TruckerPete24 Thanks this.
  6. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Alot of freight going North out of VA, PA, MD & WV, but kinda hard to find freight coming back south. Especially in these times. Decent amount of Drop & Hook freight going north tho

7. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    that load out of carlisle ..probably pays around 900..is it drop n hook ?or live then drop ?

8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Drop n Hook on both ends.. not going to say how much it pays but it's quite north of 900 gross wise...

9. TruckerPete24

Feb 11, 2015
    THE BIG APPLE
    cool..any other good runs you would recommend around this area ?

10. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    When it comes to the Northeast there are always plenty of runs to keep you in that corner.. The trick is to be planning ahead and follow up with the Agents that are full of loads you desire to run.

TruckerPete24 and Hegemeister Thank this.
  11. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    I was talking to a landstar driver today picking up a load where I work and he showed me their loadboard. Sure looked like there were plenty of loads to me.
    He did say prices were down. I could tell by the way he was talking that he was genuinely happy there.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.