Landstar Trucking????

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by tc906, Mar 8, 2015.

1. tc906

tc906 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Does anyone have any opinions on Landstar?
    I am an O/O and considering leasing on with them. Any comments whether good or bad would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    If you can learn how to work that loadboard, you'll do pretty good. I have a few friends leased there.

tc906 Thanks this.
  4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    when I was there it was the good 'ole boy network..

The stuff that hits the load board is ok at best, much of the good freight does not make the load board..

You need to know people just like anywhere..

and before somebody calls me out with "they have to offer you everything they have" thats BS..I don't care what line they feed you in orientation, its BS..

I drove for an agent for close to eight years I saw first hand how the game is played, you need to know people..

spectacle13, icsheeple, KVN and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    Get use to the load board and you'll do ok.

As Tall Mike said if you get in good with an agent you can probably get much better freight consistently. They do NOT put everything on the load board.If an agent gets a good load they go through their list of "friends" and if they don't want it or can't take it then it may hit the board.

I haven't had an issue finding good freight but like anything else you just have to work out the kinks and know the areas to go to for good freight and the ones to stay away from.Also you'll learn the agents to stay away from.

Every company has their detractors but all in all if you put in the effort Landstar is a good company.

spectacle13, KVN, tc906 and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I saw first hand how the game is played, you need to know people :yes2557: been there and that's the way it operates the best also need to be MOTIVATED self dispatch is not for everyone , for many it was too easy to get in a rut with no one pushing them

tc906 and mp4694330 Thank this.
  7. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    The very good direct shipment,non brokered freight doesn't have to hit the load boards,as the agents that have it,already have proven operators that they know will do the job correctly,and not jeopardize the account.Usually the only way you get that freight is being at the right place at the right time,when the regular trucks are busy,and the agent has to use the board at last resort.

spectacle13 and tc906 Thank this.
  8. tc906

tc906 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Appreciate all the info

FLATBED Thanks this.
  9. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK

10. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We were called with a load. We'll see if we get it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.