Laser / IR Light Cops and Hotels !

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by LaserX, Sep 21, 2015.

1. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Hi folks
    As you can see from my name I like lasers and such.
    Any body want to talk about laser speeding tickets ??
    How about being spied on in that cheap hotel ! How do you know if there is a camera hidden some where ?
    I got a million stories to get out of a laser ticket and I know how to easily find hidden cameras.
    Hopefully others have good ideas also.

LX

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Hidden cameras in hotel's? Fill me in. Are these the pay by the hour motels?

4. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Sure I would be happy to fill you in.
    First off it is illegal to record a persons voice but images are legal pretty much any where. SO
    Many hotels use hidden cameras to provide evidence when a customer trashes a hotel room.
    These hidden cameras sometimes can be very small using IR or laser light to see in the dark.
    Just like a police laser gun the light is invisible to the human eye. Further light is the only thing the human eye can see. Proof in point is that with no light you would not see anything. What the human eye does see is light reflecting off of objects like the road. So we now have this invisible light that we need to see. This is easily done with a digital camera like in your cell phone. Just turn out all the lights in the area in suspect then scan the dark room with your cell camera. The digital aspects of the camera will see the light clearly. To test this theory just take a remote control from a tv or whatever and point it at your phone camera then push a button on the remote. The camera in your phone will see the light then you will know what to look for in a hotel room. The IR light that comes frfom a remote is low level and not very bright but your phone will see it. Hidden camera IR light is much brighter to illuminate the whole room and your phone camera will see it easily. Makes we wonder if the slogan from motel 6 is a set up when they say we will leave the light on for you!

LX.

RockinChair and truckon Thank this.
  5. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    More about light !!
    Why is the sky blue ??
    because the light waves are traveling away from you.
    The sun or moon is a different color because the light is traveling toward you.
    The light you see from the moon is light reflected off the sun from very far away then reflecting back to earth.

LX

truckon Thanks this.
  6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Good stuff. Thanks for the education, never knew bout that.

7. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    OK so how do you beat a speeding ticket from a laser gun.
    First off police laser guns are purchased and donated by insurance companies to the police agencys.

Second there are inherent principals that apply to laser or IR light that cant be denied.
    First and most important is this rule.
    The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection. That is how it works.
    If the cop shoots at me from a 10 degree offset then the light will reflect 10 degrees off.
    That meaans if the cop shoots laser at me from the side of the road then the readings will not be accurate. The amount of light reflecting back to the laser device will also be most likely be a very small amount. That is why there is such a big lens on the front of the gun so it can see anything. Modern laser guns are very sensitive.

So if you have an omni directional reflector on your vehicle ( license tag ) some of the light will reflect back to the police gun but really not much and the lost light will bounce around all over fast enough to effect the readings from the laser gun device. In theory that has been denied and in real life you cannot control many aspects of light with electricity. Light is way faster than electricity. Hands down.

Some other facts.!! headlights, street lights cross walk signs and most other types of light contain higher levels of laser or IR light but it is Not Concentrated into a beam. So if your headlights have more free laser light then how can a cop say he got a accurate reading. keep your headlights on.
    Futher last time I checked the majority of states in the USA have not taken Judicial Notice to use of laser guns for accurately obtaining a vehicles speed.

Now how does a laser gun work !! The police laser gun has to shoot at least 3 bursts of laser light at your vehicle. Or read a steady light output at different intervals. Commonly less than a second by far.
    This is because laser guns Do Not read the speed of a vehicle. The laser gun calculates distance over time to get a speed reading. So if you are in court and the cop says the gun read your speed that isnt true,
    Laser speeding tickets always come with distance readings if you look at your ticket. This is the part that denies the ability of electricity to control light. Light is just too much faster period.

Short of blinding you I have lots of other info on laser light IR light and the use of such,

LX

8. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Radar laser detectors are deadly and should be illegal for everyone. Why you ask ?? Thanx for asking !
    I shouldnt tell you this since if is very dangerous. The fact that trucks sit up high makes it even worse.
    Heres the story ! many years ago I was driving I80W out of Omaha. I was on vacation Im not a truck driver.
    Anyway it was 0600 hours am and I am looking in my rear view and see 2 cars coming up my left side at very high speed. I can easily see the radar detector sitting on the dash of the lead car. When that car passed me I set off his laser detector and he hit the brakes hard almost causing the following car to hit him. ( lucky that didnt happen ) Thousands of accidents happen every year from this same thing but usually a cop shooting the laser or radar. Traffic and speed cameras also have the same proven braking effect and are out lawed by some states in the USA. So for improved saftey cops should stop using radar / laser OR detectors should be illegal.

So I guess you are wondering what I used to set his laser detector off ?? Thanx for asking :D
    I used a standard range finder you would use for the golfing sport. The one I have costs 165 dollars and will read over a mile. It is black in color so it is hard to see from a distance usually. It is a small hand held to further hide it.
    If I had been up high in a semi then the light would travel much farther down the road and spread out more also. Setting off detectors

9. LaserX

LaserX Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2015
    If you ever see a cop leaning down inside the door of the police car shooting laser that is because they are trying to keep the laser light close to the ground so it wont travel as far. Shooting a laser gun behind a car or object also helps stop the light from reflecting. Kinda like the light returning into a box or toward a wall.

Here is another fact. A laser gun can be used inaccuratley and will show a reading of up to 4 MPH on a stationary building. Take the biggest building around you. You know it isnt moving but the laser gun says different. That happens from what they call Panning. ( illegal) Thats when an officer has to move the laser gun to keep the shot while you are doing 80 MPH. even the best sharp shooter couldnt hit the vehilce at the same spot 3 times if it were doing 80. The laser light hitting the vehicle has to hit the same exact spot all the time to obtain an accurate reading. Thats impossible nearly ! If it hits the tag then the fender then the door ETC the readings will be off by up to a few MPH. So basically for a laser gun to give fairly accurate readings the playing field needs to be level and straight. Like the laser gun and your vehicle on a train track perfect and straight. Thats the only waay to create the right conditions. After all the law is right or wrong no in the middle. Untill you get a crooked judge.

LX

10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I once read that a large fog light, like a KC Daylighter, with a filter on it that allows only IR to pass, will overload a laser unit's RX circuitry, rendering it unable to determine the vehicle's speed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.