Lavalle Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by merlinn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. merlinn

merlinn Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Monroe, Michigan
    I had my "orientation" on Monday morning. It consisted of the terminal manager (in Canton) bragging about how great, grand, glorious, wonderful and indispensable he was. He went over about 6 pages of the 30 or so in the orientation paperwork and ad libbed the rest. The recruiter had told me it was it was "Midwest company running a five day week, Midwest states only". On Tuesday, after finally being assigned a truck that would start, I was called to the terminal at 9AM because "we've got a load waiting for you that needs to move". I sat there until 2 PM then took ONE rack to Three Rivers, MI, took the empty trailer back to Canton and bobtailed to Louisville, KY (KY Truck Plant). I then delivered a load to Shelbyville, KY, returned to Louisville and was told to pick up a load at 3:30 PM at a company that closed from 3-5:30 PM. That load went to ELPASO, TEXAS ("Midwest states" my ###!) where I sat from Saturday, 8 AM until Monday, about 2 PM. Short version - I ended up delivering a load, 3 loads later, near East St. Louis, MO. I was dispatched to northeast Indiana. When I asked when I was going to get home, I was told, "Take this load and we'll see what we can do", for the unpteenth time. I hung the phone up, turned it off and deadheaded home. I had been out for almost 11 days, gone to Texas, and put up with the inside camera watching me the whole time.

divine4u2C and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Sounds like someone got their panties in a bunch and is going to be on the line for fuel and possibly abandonment

nightgunner and Puppage Thank this.
  4. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Oh my 11 days out did your family even recognize you when you got back

5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Lmao. This thread is going to,turn into a #### show in about....3.....2.....1

6. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    I don't know why you guys are picking at him..5 day week and home weekends running the Midwest does not add up to 11 days out running Texas...
    I can understand if the job was not a good fit..
    I don't agree with deadheading a truck and quitting w/out notice.

Lonesome, merlinn and average joe Thank this.
  7. merlinn

merlinn Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Monroe, Michigan
    I didn't abandon the equipment so they had nothing to cry about. Also, they never paid me for the rack load so they had no grounds to cry about fuel. Their recruiter lied to me and I just got tired of the lies. I called another company and took my 30+ years of experience down the road in less than 24 hours after getting home. That all happened back in September. I haven't worked a single weekend since and am getting over 2500 miles/week.

Grouch Thanks this.
  8. merlinn

merlinn Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Monroe, Michigan
    Thanks, Trckdrvr. I didn't want to do it but we all do things we don't like. By the way, I didn't get paid for the DH.

9. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    he could have said he was out 6 days and i'd take his side. keep your god ###### word. too easy. glad you found better pastures brother.

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Sounds like you did the right thing
    ..... When a 5 day work week, running Midwest only turns into an 11 day highway hobo holler down to Texas
    ... It's time to turn the keys in
    Because things would've gotten worse from there on.... Don't worry about truck abandonment or any of those lying dac reports.... If anything shows up on a dac report.... Just give em two words
    FALSE INFORMATION
    These companies lie so much on dac reports that a driver could actually abandon a truck in NY city and just denie it even happened with these two words... Who are they gonna believe? ... Another lying trucking company with an axe to grind or the driver they desperately need to hire?

11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    It's amazing what a gallon of anti freeze will do to a diesel block
    .... About three weeks later

unholy7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.