LC Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Actually it is LC.... not trying to be a smart aleck, but that is what it is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. _ton bundle

_ton bundle Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Elevator Bay, Minnesota
    Hopefully it stands for Lotsa Cash...

Well, it should be time for an update on the maiden voyage. So how'd it go, old boy?

4. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hehehehehe LOTSA CASH would be good.... yep yep yep

Well, I have completed my second run (successfully I might add). Ran from NC to Indy Sunday night/Monday morn, then got to shutdown long enough to get my truck situated and sleep (changing my sleeping habits). THen picked up yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) in Indy and delivered this morning in Charlotte.

I really like this night running thing.... traffic is minimal, when you are shutting down, truckstops are clearing out, and the deer just stand there on the side of the road and watch you as pass by. Makes me feel like I am in a parade (ehehhehe). Not really. I realize the danger. Had a few close calls, but as luck would have it, the deer understood that I wasnt moving, so they did.

By the way, the truck # is 5112, not 5211. I threw a pic in here for ya!

But I am really liking this gig. The people are super. And every driver that I have met has been very personable and helpful.

No complaints. NEXT? Either going home for Thanksgiving or headed to Newark. Waiting for the call now.

Ya'll be safe!

Happy ARF!

Attached Files:

• 5112.jpg
      5112.jpg
      File size:
      138.2 KB
      Views:
    Fratsit and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    I just keep liking this place more and more.

They routed me home so I could enjoy Thanksgiving with Linda.

Ya'll have a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!!!!!

6. SpecialOps

SpecialOps Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Pontiac, MI
    Hey Scooterdawg,

Sorry to hear that you had to make a switch, but you know the old saying when one door closes another one opens. Glad to see that things are working out for you, and glad to see that you got to be home with your family this Thanksgiving day. I sent out a prayer for all the men and women that our serving this great nation.

I am retired from the Military and had to spend many of days, weeks, months away from my family and the Holidays are usually the worst. Don't worry about the other person or company, things have a way of working themselves out in the end. So are you paid by the miles or hour run? I get by the hour running this mail and I really enjoy it. Just got done reading the book and let me say that it was full of very informative information and well written for a Country Boy from N.C. Thanks.

It is starting to turn a little cold up here, hopefully the weather will hold of until this weekend and I can get some of the Christmas light and thing on the Honey do list done before then. Well, Mark just wanted to jump in here and let you know that I am still here and enjoying everything, and yes, life is what you make of it. Even though I have had a lot of bad in my life, there is always a lot more to be Thankful for in the end.

Be safe and may GOD bless you and yours, as we wand down the last weeks of this year and may next year be even better for all of us.

Thanks

7. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    I appreciate that, Bud!!!!

(Country Boy from NC, huh? hehehehe) Glad you enjoyed the book.

To make it clear, I didn't HAVE to leave the other company, but it was the best thing for Linda and I. And I must say that I am tickled with the change. It's ALL good..... I mean REALLY good.

Stuffed full of turkey ARF!

8. SpecialOps

SpecialOps Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Pontiac, MI
    Hey Scooterdawg,

Glad that you got a laugh out of the country boy from NC, I fully understand the best for the family, We all have to do what is best for them and us. Like the old saying go's if MaMa is not happy no one is happy.

I'm just glad that your happy and one thing I have learned in life and that is that you have to do what make you happy. That is the bottom line. Hope that you and yours had a great Thanksgiving and just like the rest of us, you probably had to much to eat, I know I sure did. Then had to go to work this morning, was not the easiest day to rise and shine.

Keep yourself safe and keep the wheels turning.

9. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Roger that!

Just talked to Dispatch and I am heading out Sunday night to Indy. Now that I got a few days off to regroup, I am ready for just about anything. And being that we are going into a heavy season, I am ramped up to run hard. Nicest part about it is that Linda is still behind me 110%. That makes it so much easier.

I expect that I am going to be getting a bunch of miles. And the scheduling works out nicely too. LC is all about logistics and they have some great load planning, so it's all good.

See ya out there!

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  10. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there -

Man, I'll tell you what.... I should have done this sooner!!! I am loving It. Took a little getting used to, but I am really becoming quite comfortable with the night driving thing. And with the deer standing on the side of the road watching me pass, it sort of makes me feel like I am in a parade hehehehehehehe. But no complaints here. Great people, great turnaround times, great pay, great runs, and FANTASTIC dispatchers.

I got some time to work on the truck (still unnamed) Tuesday. I can comfortably say that I am now "moved in". I have a refrigerator on order (oh man, let me tell you about this... there is a 12V/110V fridge made by Avanti, that can be ordered through Northern Tool for 179$. Just like a dorm fridge and lotsa room. Also saw it at Truckers Inn in Saux Center, MN for 199$ and StaMart in Fargo for 219$), and ordered my little XM Radio module from Flying J (God Bless Frequent Fueler Points). Both should be at the house when I get home, so I will be living LARGE on my next outing.

Right now, I am in Chantilly, VA (just outside of DC). Ran up here last night from Indy, and headed back to Indy tonight. When I got to the facility, I was told that I could shutdown in the parking lot (which is what everyone does).

Of course, you know me.... I had to see what else was available. And there is NOTHING (what a surprise, considering the area), except for this little hole in the wall place called Chantilly Truck Stop (703) 471-1100 (who'd a thought?). Dirt parking lot (muddy right now) about 8 miles from the facility. Easy to get to also. Plus, there is a Sheetz right up the street from here (yes, here.... I am here). I talked to another driver from the company and he obviously was not aware of this place because he told me there was "nothing even near here". Not that he was wrong, but I had to do some looking to find out about this place.

The place is not much to look at, but there are cold drinks, bathrooms, showers, and a grill. And I am here to tell you..... they make this cheesesteak sandwich that is to die for. There is a ton of meat, and they use this hoagie roll that is very soft and reminds me of a croissant (very flaky),

I'll tell you what, if you get into Chantilly, it is located on Hwy 50 about 3 miles west of 28 on the south side of the hwy. You can either turn into the parking lot just before the building (divided highway) or you can go a few hundred yards to the traffic light at Sheetz and turn around. Again, it does not have a bunch of curb appeal, but don't let appearances fool you. BTW, they close at 8pm and if you speak Spanish, it will be helpful.

MUCHO ARF!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    The Challenger and _ton bundle Thank this.
  11. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    OK, so now I am getting a real taste for working for this company and I can honestly say that I couldn't be happier.

So the week ended up being like this. Loaded from Mount Airy to Indy, then Indy to DC, DC to Indy, and Indy to Mount Airy. Then I got to come home. Left out Sunday night, back home Saturday morning. Not bad, huh?

Granted, driving at night doesn't really allow for a lot of sightseeing, but that's ok. The conditions of the night more than make up for it.

Life is good.

And the truck finally has a name..... Otis!

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.