LC Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

wait til all the snow comes with all that night driving...LOL
    so where is this company located? i'm thinking of returning to the road again and curious if they have any other drivers from texas as i am....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

i have been off the forum for awhile and starting to look up some posts and see what's out there to look for now.....been off the road for yr and a half

4. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    No, they actually hire fairly locally. They are located in Mt Airy, NC.

Good luck

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Hey Scooter. Glad things are working out. How are the bennies at LC? How much for the family plan? Also what are they paying per mile? I am not looking to make a move...just curious since they are so close to me.

6. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there Rob -

They have the standard benefits package. Not sure how good they are being as I am not eligible yet, but if they are as good as everything else I have seen, I would imagine they are pretty durn good. I am wanting to say it's about 60 bucks / week for a single, but again, not sure yet.

As far as the pay goes. like everywhere else, it is going to depend on your experience. Their website will give you a pretty good idea of their payscale. LCTrans dot com. Lays out the package and the pay.

If you did decide to make a move, you wouldn't be making a bad decision adding LC to your list of possibilities.

Talk to you soon

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Didn't realize it was on the website. Doesn't look too bad:

Not really looking for a change but you never know. Had Superior not hired me right out of school I probably would have wound up with either these guys or Create.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  8. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2009
    virginia beach, virginia
    Scooter
    Most good companies that I originally checked out were about the same. Givens Trucking in Chesapeake VA is very much like LC. Ins. / pay is close. Vacation / holidays. I started here about the time you started at Magnum. So far I like it a bunch. My schedule varies between multiple stop trips to medium mile trips. We get get stop pay along with NE pay and extra for NYC. Well maintained equipment reasonable miles (show me a driver that gets enough :)) I don't think I could do the night time gig. I occasionally do a night trip and I miss the sight seeing. I did see one of your trucks in the Flying Monkey in Carney's Point, NJ last week. I enjoy your adventures so please keep them coming.
    Thanks!

9. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Well I am tickled that things worked out so well for you at Superior. I feel like I have found a home at LC and I couldn't be happier.

If things change, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

Do you have my new cell #? 919-749-????

10. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there Johnny,

I have heard a little about Givens, and what I heard was good, so GOOD FOR YOU!!! You know, with so many "unhappy drivers" out here today, it is always good to hear from guys like you and Rob. I mean after all, it is so depressing to hear some of these drivers tell their stories. But I guess one must take the bad with the good, huh?

You know, I miss the sightseeing too, but in the same sense, I travel a lot of the same lanes over and over, so I guess "been there, done that", and the sightseeing thing becomes a lot less of an issue.

I will say that it makes it nice to always have a place to park when it is time to shut down. Really for the most part, I do miss the day driving, but I never thought about all of the advantages of running at night until I started doing it. Less waiting at the fuel islands, no rush hour traffic, very few teenage four-wheelers, less open weigh stations, fewer traffic jams, and the list goes on. Not saying it is perfect for everyone, but I enjoy it.

And hey.... it pays the bills..... I love a plan when it comes together....

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Scooter hows the classic xl compared to the 387?

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.