Lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by josh connell, Jul 4, 2015.

1. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Lease doest hurt your credit. Finance does. If its your first time i would lease truck goes bad or you make bad decision or you have medical issue walk away. Not walking away from a finace. Any repairs you have over 5000 are also depreciated over time if you chose. I only had 1 repair over 5000 it was a cam replacement. Learn not to save for a rainy day. learn to save for few rainy days.Ive only done 1 lease . 4 months to go. Ive had some big ticket repairs. These shop out here know you have a Maint account there gonna vet it.
    Example i was told i had a bad clutch they put 1 in 2700.00. Same day and ,300 mi later i lost a rearend. So the trans noise i had was coming from there. The noise from the rearend traveled thru the hollow driveshaft. My truck was misdiagnosed by KW. In the end i paid dearly.But i put money back every week 200.00

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    someone is very confused. lease purchase every payment goes toward ownership. The diff from a straight purchase is that either party can terminate the contract at any time under terms stated in the contract. A straight lease is purely a rental unless you renegotiate to purchase.

ATS, Prime, and SNI do pure leases. JCT does all lease purchase.

4. Chance Reames

Chance Reames Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2015

Any experience with quality leasing or one of their partnered companies?

5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    not me personally. I have spoken with reps at pathway and their program seems to be pretty decent, quality has a sizable balloon at the end

6. Chance Reames

Chance Reames Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2015
    What is considered sizable? This will be my first truck to own/lease. I do not want to get loan for the truck considering the walk away option.

7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    that depends on the total cost of truck payments and terms on the lease

8. this is just my opinion. You have to get good at saving your money. I am not the norm in the industry. I go out for 4-6 weeks depending on what part of the year it is and go home 2-3 weeks. I am in a lease purchase program with a carrier and while some choose to see the negatives, I look at the positives. It's in their best interest to run you so that you can make your payment. I've found that when talking to some truck drivers you run into a lot of the same personalities. The, "man they're screwing me this week..." or the "man, I ain't makin no money." Or my favorite is, "Man, i haven't had a paycheck in over a month." Own your situation. Work hard, spend wisely, do what the other guy isn't willing to do and by all means, if you are at a company and haven't made a paycheck in a month, LEAVE. You can be successful in any aspect of trucking. I have a close friend who is a company driver and loves it. I have an even closer friend who runs under his own authority and is often times wayyy more stressed out than my friend who is a company driver at Swift. Best of Luck in Trucking! I hope you are able to find as much Joy driving a truck as I have. Aloha, Ry

PXI Incorporated, RERM and KeithT1967 Thank this.
  9. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    They have a $1 buyout now... so it's a decent place to lease it seems. For instance... a 2015 Peterbilt 579 is/was $615/wk for 60 months ($159,900), then $1 buyout. A 2016 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution is $660/wk for 84 months ($240,240!!!!), then $1 buyout. If you ask me the 1 year old truck is a MUCH better deal if you run the numbers!

10. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Or you could be smart an buy a glider 389 Pete at Fitzgerald for 140,000

11. Doc W

Doc W Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Ok.... well... give him the 20% needed for the down and maybe he will be "smart" as you put it! Man o man! o_O

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.