Lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rcassidy, May 18, 2016.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    This isn't the soviet union. Moving for better opportunities is always a valid option.
    Besides even down here in this hell hole 70 is pretty much standard pay for a company driver. I know this cause I'm constantly being harrassed by a few local companies to come work for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    Maybe south Florida,but the panhandle (Emerald Coast) you were lucky to get 45k

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    You, my friend, have high standards, which I salute!

Some people go into business strictly for the money. Nothing wrong with that.
    But others go into business for a little more freedom to do what they want. When they want. The way they want. Or maybe get the chance to have their dream. Or to live a certain lifestyle. And some will take a few less dollars to do that. Are they wrong?

5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    LTL is hard, often you don't even have benefits for the 1st year until you have enough seniority to move off the casual board. Even then the isn't "easy". I have friends who make 80k a year running LTL, but they still don't have weekends off even with 7+ years of senority. And as for Florida being a blackhole for trucking, it's doesn't compare to low population regions like Montana or West Kansas. Freight is always heading into Florida, just not much coming back out. My cousin would love an LTL or Foodservice job, but he would need to commute 130 miles each way to work-Sometimes its not worth moving if you enjoy being around your extended family.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    Boy o boy I wish I had all your money to just be able to drop my house and move. Only RICH people can throw their houses on the market and move on a moments notice Unless you want to live out of your car. No offense but get real. Some of us real people don't have the credit, or ability to move and some of us ARE CHAINED to our location. I'm stuck in bowling green KY for at least 8 more Years because I have a step child that goes back n forth between me and my wife and her x hubby.

BOWLING GREEN KY is a freight deadzone for outgoing. Nothing ever goes out but everything comes in. JUST FYI your not the only bad freight location

7. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Bowling green outbound?

I would try to hook up on taking those vettes from the factory. Really though you are 120 miles from Louisville and like 65 from Nashville. Plenty of decent freight

8. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Bowling Green is a very short hop from amazing freight. You are under 200 miles from 4 industrial hubs. Nashville, Cincinnati, louisville, and Lexington.

And who said anything about on a moments notice? Make a plan. Save for the plan. Implement the plan.

It boils down to the will to succeed vs the will to make excuses.

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

It isn't really about whats right and whats wrong. You can have all those things you listed AND more money. I myself, I'm not setting the world on fire with income. I'm making top driver wages, but only working half the year to do it. When i was younger I worked much harder so that now I can take it out of over drive and just cruise along.

10. TIVIE

TIVIE Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2016
    you are so full of it about Florida paying that well.

11. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Actually I have been married to my first wife and I am her first husband for 26 years. I averaged $1600 take home after taxes, was buying a 2012 pete 386 pretty much loaded and was paying less than you would ever get one from a bank. So think again. Just because you know nothing about a subject doesn't mean you need to make crap up to try and appear cool, cause most of the time you just make yourself look like an idiot.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    flood, CJndaTruck and Knucklehead Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.