Legal definition of "truck abandonment"

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by brandond, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    Man you can't even say C R A P anymore???

4. jtrnr1951

I believe it may be software that does that to poop words.

5. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now to argue over such is just a little bit stupid on the part of you both.and as a matter of fact you bothe are wrong on some points.

if you call the us marshel all your going to get for your troubel is a good but chewing. that has nothing to do with the funtion of a us marchel and they will not respond period, they dont do trucks.

i dont have much use for dac there about as useless as tits on a bore hog and any company that uses them i have little use for .

if you quit your job and you can any time any place you choose and no you dont have to take the truck back to them or to where you got it, but the company can put in your record and dacs record of you anything they want and here is a flash no one will verify the information , they just stick it in there .

is that right , hell no , can you do anything about it ? well you can if you have the time and money but it does take time and money for an attorney and no it is not cheap and that is what trucking companys depend on you or most of you can not afford it thats how they get away with it.

now you no why i dont and wont work for a company, your pretty much at there mercy and not much you can do about it . wil a bad dac report keep you from getting a job? sometimes it depends on the company , but not many companys fool with dac they no what they are and they dont bother.

as far as recording a phone call well that is a federal law not state and both partys have to consent for it to be legal might check your federal statutes and federal law superseds state law anytime.

but to argue over such is just plain nuts , dosent make you a dime a complete waste of time . just get another job and dont worry about it .

you would be uterly amazed and how much law a truck driver really knows but most mean well and afterall it is your responsibility to make sure your wright.

my best to all.---southernpride

6. jtrnr1951

Sorry southernpride, research recording phone calls, varies by state. And MOST companies DO use DAC. Besides, truckers LOVE to argue....ain't hurtin nobody !!!!!!!!

7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    You sure are delusional when it comes to what the company must do. And I think you don't stand a chance to win anything. You need to talk with a lawyer before you go off spouting what a company can do or not do. For your information, no property of any company must be turned over to anyone who asks unless there is a court order. If they want to hold on to their own records you'll have to pay to get them and even then it's up to a judge. No matter what you say it's going to cost you big and I doubt if you even have a case. You might have a better chance to clean your record but they way you come off I even doubt that. You're a know-it-all and you made stupid mistakes. Stay at your local job and make peanuts because until you change your attitude and grow up you'll never get ahead.

jtrnr1951 and RickG Thank this.
  8. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    Yes, you are the attorney, I so totally forgot that. Peanuts? LOL, make more than I did driving OTR. You might be making peanuts. Doing all that lugging hoses around and all that junk for $100 a day. Not me though. Good luck to you though stupid. Dont got nothin else to say to your ignorant retarded ###.

9. brandond

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    Get your cane, hobble to your phone and call the US marshalls office. See for yourself. No, recorded phone calls arent federal law. And yes, trucking companies have LAW to follow. Its not, "oh were the company you pissed us off and this is the way its going to be". Sorry to burst your bubble. Go change your bed pan and go back to bed. :)

10. brandond

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK

Call and ask you dumb@ss!

11. brandond

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK
    And for your information. True Story. D.O.T officer, doing level 1 on my logs on side of road. Had a magnet, he laid my logs across his hood and reviewed them. When he was done. Just carelessly picked up the magnet allowing the wind to catch my logs and blow them all over. Did I pick them up? Hell no. I told him he was going to pick them up for me and hand them back to me. Did he? No, told me he wasnt. I then told him I was going to call the U.S. Marshalls Office and he would pick those logs up. He wanted to argue that he would not have to. I showed him my phone, which had U.S Marshalls in the contact list, ready to call and clicked send. Spoke with them, and 5 minutes later, the D.O.T officers supervisor came out. Asked me what the problem was. Went and made that officer pick up my logs, and hand them back to me after he did what he could to straighten them up.

If a company tries to leave you stranded, you call the U.S. Marshalls office. I also know this to be true because the company once before tried telling me I would have to pay my own way home if I were to quit. Began whistling a different tune when I mentioned calling them. So, maybe you know NOTHING, or not enough of what YOU speak.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.