Lessors inc beware

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by phillyburb, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I don't get it. I've had a Cascadia since 2008. I've never ripped off a bumper, and really haven't seen any ripped off. You say that it's a problem, but I don't see it. I think a lot of your gripes are things you've done to yourself. There are guys here for 8 years plus, and apparently they don't think it's bad. I've yet to take off a bumper or be told about the condition of my truck. So apparently you, not Lessors is the problem. I'm no shrill for any company and if I thought it was bad, I'd say so. You seem to be the issue in the equation. I wonder how many jobs you've had that didn't go well. I'm not saying that you are a bad driver, but if you're ripping off bumpers, and being told about the condition of your truck, that's on you. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    joseph do you still work for lessors if so can u tell me a little bit about the company

4. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America

If i bang up my equipment and it is MY fault, i do admit it. I Brushed a yellow pole, which scratched my d-side front fender, next trip out i popped front bumper off brackets at safeway in Tempe, Az. I admited both, and went ahead and payed them.

When my front end got taken off, that was not my fault, thus the company that hit me payed for that.

I don't mind paying it, if it is my fault. I will always admit it, if it's on me.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Yup. Still here. Heading down to Florida now.I put my email up a few posts ago. You can email me and I'll answer whatever you need

6. outlaw1_2003

outlaw1_2003 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Hartselle, Alabama
    Ok check this out!
    I worked for Lessors for 3 months. Every week it seemed I had to go to Eagan terminal, (bunch of crap). If dispatched to Florida, knew I was screwed. Major sit time, (we're talking days)! Dispatch system is extremely stupid. Only one dispatcher, (Gregg), worth his salt.
    Equipment is ok, management and safety are retarded!
    Here's why I left other that less than 1,200 miles in last 10 days.

Load out of Dothan Alabama on Friday night # Perdue chicken. Load suppose to unload on Monday 3 stops, beginning in Miami, ending in Riviera Beach. Get empty, wait 2 days, dispatched to Lake Wales for drop/hook. Arrive, load not ready for 7 more hours. Call dispatch, advised them. Load assignment changed, Dispatched to Dover terminal, see gary in safety.

Arrive # dover terminal, go in see gary. Was asked if any problem previous Saturday. Not sure what he meant, because I sat all day saturday at Petro in Reddick, Florida. Was advised that another trucker called in a complaint on me. Ahh, now I remember. Left Dothan, drove to Petro in Reddick, arrived # 1:30 a.m. Backed into front row parking space, next to handicap spot. Woke up # 09:30, noticed someone had pulled into handicapped spot, close to me.
    Got dressed, got out of truck. Door slightly touched side of trailer next to me. Walked back to trailer, checked reefer unit, proceeded to check fuel level on trailer. Heard someone cursing loudly. Walked back to rear of trailer to check seal, realized the cursing was coming from driver of truck hooked to trailer that my door touched.
    He said, "I'm an owner operator, its a new trailer, dont appreciate you slamming your door into my trailer."
    Welcomed him to get out and check for damage, he refused, instead he kept cursing. Too early in the day for this crap for me, so I proceeded to go inside Petro, never gave it another thought.
    He called Lessors and altered the entire situation severely. Truth stopped at me getting out of truck. He said I cursed him, raised my shirt, lowered my pants all the way to ankles, and exposed myself to him, in broad daylight, at a busy Petro.
    I told Gary I could 100% prove this idiot to be a liar. One phone call, one question would be all it would take to do so. They refused to make the call.
    I have a ileostomy that I have had for decades. The bag is 12 inches long and white, very easily seen from 50 yds. At less than 50 feet, he would have to be stone cold blind not to see it. Like I said, one call, one question. "Was there anything out of the ordinary that you seen when the driver lowered his pants and raised his shirt?" His only possible answer would have been no. Lessors wouldn't allow me to prove my innocence, tried to get me to sign a written warned, (which I refused), advised me that any other incident would be my termination. I, in turn, advised them that I would no longer work for a company that wouldn't stand by their driver, especially when he could prove his innocence.

7. mrE

mrE Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2009
    somewhere down south
    WOW it is so funny to me well!! actually not really I have worked for the same company now for 2 yrs tried so hard to make this company my last company I would ever work for.but after 2 yrs of breakdowns sitting in motels for 3-4-5 days at a time consistent low miles (1500-2000 miles week) dispatch not willing to work with you.,and not to mention not having a paycheck in 3 weeks I figured it's time to move on.every single company that I looked at moving to I checked out drivers response on this web site and there is not one that at least 1 or 2 drivers have something negative to say about them I have decided to give Lessors a shot finished orientation fri. Look there is no perfect company the job is what you make it if you pursued every avenue at the company you currently work for and it is not the right fit for you then you have to move on. every driver is going to have a different opinion about every company out there.if you make your decission of the company you want to work for from what drivers say about them on this or any other website then you will never find the company that works for you.yes it's good to have opinions from different people to see what you might experience but the real way to find out is if you think that company XYZ sounds good to you then check them out for yourself,give them a try but don't belly ache about every little thing that don't go your way.I said it before on here."there is no perfect driving job"thanks for letting me rant.

8. YoungFu

YoungFu Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I agree with alot said about lessors, I've been there over 3 and a half yrs, I'm still here guess I just put up with the bs, lol, ya u do sit from time to time that's true, but what company out there has got it perfect? Lonely Cindy in va does got it rough, but ve gotten the good loads and the bad, just gotta do ur share, and ya some drivers are just nasty and dirty, that's ur life style, I dent know Perdue had a list of lessors drivers on it, lol I must be on their good list, lol I'm n Perdue load right now, as for the accidents, been seeing alot more of that at lessors, guess they gettin needy for drivers, and update Brian don't work for lessors anymore for recruiting , as for the 9250 that's bs, health care bs, can't say much good for lessors, just that they have nice trucks, you're gettin like a brand new truck, usually u start ou at a company gettin the junk in the lot and gotta put like 300k more on it, it's nice havin a tripac on the truck now only if it hAd bath/shower wold be all set, I like the shop guys in Eagan, can't say much for Florida, maybe that's why the Florida guys complain so much, most people know that about Florida not much frieight, so who ever reads this if ur one of those drivers that want to be home all the time u need a local job, if u like stain out yes they love that and can run ur butt off, I know ive seen both sides, to where I'm tryin to ask for a break, lol and if speed is ur thang our trucks only go like 67 /68 with the cruise on, if I'm passin u it's cause I'm goin down hill but don't go over 80!!! I do it a few times like 81 82, nothin ever said to me, and if u want to work for a company with nice drivers lounges, big screen TVs , u might want to go to swift or somethin, cause we don't got that here, so ya it's not meant for sittin but u do sit, just might want to sit were u can take a shower, no shower at fl terminal just 1 at mn terminal, must be why we don't get many female drivers here, lol

And if ur use to doin drop and hooks, go look somewhere else, we do some, but that's either at terminal, some in va and Perdue plants, but ur mostly doin live loads and unloads, of frozen or fresh food or SMS dry loads to, we fuel at pilots, so if u at the TA truck stop and pay for a shower cheap company don't remburse u, and remember when u stArt with a new company ur like at the bottom, and all these companys out there don't care about u, you can always be replaced and that sucks, I think I've said enough, hope this helps in deciding

9. bigfatslim

bigfatslim Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2010
    dade city florida
    well i just answered a add from this company in craigslist.. said they needed drivers to deliver from florida to minn.. I asked a few questions an a guy named mark replied an wanted me to call him monday..

10. workinman1962

workinman1962 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2010
    fl
    Well I just quit Lessors and the 9200 mi per month is True!!! after being out 5 weeks I was told I didn't have enough miles to qualify for ins. They kept me out too long to get home for Thanksgiving after having 3 weeks notice.....I was also told I wouldn't be home for Christmas!! I talked to 15 dsifferent drivers while I was there they all had the same problem no miles can't get home. So when I brought the truck back to Fl Gary said I would be charged for deadheading the truck back. What did he think I would abandon it? They all have the attitude they are greater than God himself. Take my advice stay far away from these people they will ruin your DAC regardless how you leave. There must be a big problem when they lose 10 - 15 guys per week at the Dover Fl terminal.

11. bigfatslim

bigfatslim Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2010
    dade city florida
    well i just responded to their ad an they called me back fast

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.