Let me pick your brain on my pre emissions fld classic .

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by bzinger, May 31, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Jan 1st. I bought a 2000 mid roof fld classic with an n14 fresh out of frame overhaul , 13 sp , 3.58 gears and well speced ..it's tight and clean with nice interior with 850k on the clock ..paint is fair .
    I like truck but I'm debating on whether to go at getting it back to new condition or keep it a few years and trade it off ?..I'm leaning towards keeping it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If you Trade It in a few years it most likely will be for a Post Emission truck as finding a clean Pre-Emission Truck is hard to find right now as the youngest Pre-Emission Truck presently is already 13 years old, unless you go with a Glider which if CARB and the EPA have their way, those might be outlawed soon.

Additionally you already know the good and bad about your truck vs. going and buying the unknown, unless you know the previous Owner and they have all their records and receipts.

I'm sure you already know the downfalls of owning a Post Emission Truck as all you need to do is read about it in the forums.

So I think you might have already answered your own question.

If you want to make money and not have your truck become a Shop Queen, I would keep it.

You already have a Inframed N14 Motor, a 13 speed, and solid bodied Steel Cab, what more do you want?

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  4. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    What are Your plans? Replacing current truck? Expanding?

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Oh you guys just re enforced what I was thinking , already been down the shop Queen road and wanted input ...thank you .

6. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I'd wait and see how it works for you. See what kind of fuel mileage you get, whether it nickel and dimes you to death etc. If its a profitable truck theres no sense in ever getting rid of it. If it costs you money and makes you miss loads or poorly spec'd for the job than thats another story.

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Been a dang good truck so far and haven't put any major money into it other than routine upkeep and maintenance... Haven't been nuts about mpg but I'm always heavy and the trailer I pull is a wind catcher .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.