LG G5 Phone - anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by willeo6709, May 28, 2016.

1. willeo6709

willeo6709 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Looking at phones as apple is annoying me and its 2.5 years old. Looking at the LG G5 on US cellular. Anybody have one? how do you get along with it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sloshed

sloshed Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I have one. I used to have Samsung Notes and liked them up until somewhat recently as it seems they want to turn into Apple so with my second phone I experimented and jumped from Samsung to LG. I got an LG G4 there and liked it alot.. so much in fact that when I broke my primary phone (Note 4) and went to get it fixed I just went ahead and tried out the LG G5...

I have to say it is not the perfect phone as the mega phone companies operating system installs will unfortunately always inhibit that but I will say it is the most user friendly smart phone I have owned yet and I have had it a couple of months now. Highly recommend ^^

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I do prepaid only. NO Celluar plans with contracts or expensive hardware. My phone was literally 30 dollars cost outright and the data, voice and text plan under 4G is within reasonable limits under a cash outlay determined by me each month.

Why do I use one? Tornado tracking in real time in my area. It's life and death depends on knowing where these monsters are. And the other is that downloading software to fight telemarketers and other abusive callers who flood and spam, they are simply blocked completely and totally. I like that feature the best.

There is a app called Call Blocker that will research a phone number and REVEAL who it is and if that person or telemarker etc has a history of complaints, reports etc with a auto send to the do not call list feature against them. The app has total control over the phone and the problems Ive endured in the past with the ######## calls simply stop.

What gets me with this 30 dollar phone is that it's operating at 1.8 gigahertz CPU, the same I had 20 years ago with a 55 pound Desktop computer that had the same rating (Top of line then) and cost 1200 then.

I will eventually upgrade as prices fall. I do not spend any more than I have to.

There was a time long ago I was with Sprint in trucking. We had a tri band cell phone at the time as a Team. We have never, ever had a call dropped in all the USA. Roaming? Certainly near places like Seattle when it tries to connect with Canadain towers and we get a 800 dollar bill that month to get it written off.

That was one reason we do not do contracts anymore with phones. I think we spend approximately 120 dollars a year total. Keep in mind we don't hardly do very much anymore with these #### devils of technology. The more they evolve, the closer to mark of the beast it gets and in our State that's a line we draw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.