Licence Question, Please help me!

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by JSLADE, Oct 18, 2014.

1. JSLADE

JSLADE Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2014
    ENGLAND
    I have recently introduced Myself in the welcome wagon so here goes My first post!

I am currently driving in the U.K for a Haulage firm driving all types of rigid trucks.

I have a U.K Class 2 Licence which I have had for a year, I have had My car licence for 2 or more years and My motorcycle licence for 5 years.

I am looking to come over to Australia ( W.A Perth ) on a working visa holiday around january/february next year.

My question is..

Does My licence convert? I am aware the Car & Motorbike licence are interchangeable but for some reason cannot find no information on the truck licence change over?

If so what is the cost?

If not then what do I have to do to attain a truck licence in Australia?

Any help will be much appreciated.

I await your responses.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Viking86

Viking86 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Queensland, Australia
  4. JSLADE

JSLADE Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2014
    ENGLAND

thank you for the reply! Very hard to find the information, I have emailed Australia several times and had no answer over the past 3 months.

I assume My class 2 u.k rigid truck licence will convert without any problems on a working visa from what that link is saying?

thanks again.

5. John_M

John_M Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Australia
    I'm not sure if the same rules applies for you, but I am from Norway and can use my Norwegian licence together with an international licence(translation). Also, since I don't have any weight and length limits on the licence, I can drive MC in Australia, even though the European trucks are much smaller.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.