Life After Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by paoldschool, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Heysunshine

Heysunshine Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Goblue! I'm out of rockford, Il now with a small company. We have 5 flatbed drivers and are working towards 10-12 total. SO much happier now. How are you?

Meltom and jeepnut_nh Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    1.5 years in hailing local reefer shuttles and I'm thinking about going back to flatbed. I'm in a dock sitting 8-9+ hours every day. It's wearing on me a little. I need to DO something. :) I'm doing a little scouting. I'm finishing this year at about 48k, and I really need to make a little more than that.

Heysunshine Thanks this.
  4. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    You want to haul milk? There is a dude over in your neighborhood that has a large operation and hauls for others. No clue what he pays.

5. Treefork

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    No, I think flatbed is my thing. Nothing else like it.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I hear that they're very similar..... umm, yep, I totally heard that.

7. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Are you thinking of going back to Roehl or a smaller company? I do a lot of looking at companies but can't seem to make a move to drive yet. These 2 are from my area that sound good for flatbed. I'm sure you've got better prospects but I'll throw these out there.

Mansur trucking Janesville WI
    Art Pape out of Dubuque IA

48K and home every night sounds good to a wannabe like me?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  8. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I think Treefork's issue with Pape was insurance cost, my issue was not feeling too sure about working for the old man. The kids (mid thirties) are taking more active roles in the company and will assume leadership eventually. They're cool guys, if I had a more flexible home life I'd dispatch for them.

9. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    PS Goldenfan, you should haul 2 loads of milk on Saturday from Sun Prairie to Huntley, IL. thanks!

10. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    I didn't know he even knew about Pape. :biggrin_25520: Also I'm working Sat. already at my FT job. You should become a dispatcher/driver combo and haul loads yourself. No drivers want to work Saturday?

11. Treefork

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    I've actually talked with the guy from Pape before while I was working for Roehl, but like Meltom said, the weekly insurance cost (family rate) was prohibitive for me. I would consider Roehl again, but I'm looking around first. 48k and home daily is nice for most, though the sitting in docks 8+ hours a day in a day cab is slowly killing me. ;) My paycheck takes care of 7 people though so it gets stretched thin pretty quick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.