life with roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by holly123, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    How many students per class on average?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I had 7 in mine. I think 9 is the max, no more than 3 per instructor

4. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    After you get a year or so you might want to talk to Cowan Systems. They have several different options. Don't have any personal experience but I've never heard anything bad from a driver. My old company lost several drivers to them.

5. Teddy_Salad

Teddy_Salad Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Hi Chinatown, as I have noticed, and it has been stated, that you are the resident guru of good companies to go to, I would appreciate your advice. I am getting my CDL training at a community college and I live just outside Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you know of any decent starter companies I would appreciate a heads up. I think I would prefer OTR for the first year. Thank you!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schuster
    Britton Transport
    Don Hummer Trucking
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    These 3 companies are picky and don't hire just any new cdl grad that applies.
    Apply now, don't wait any longer. Companies hire before graduation and the job offer is contingent upon successful completion of school. Keep me posted. Here's a few more pretty decent companies.
    NTB Trucking
    J&R Schugel
    Abilene Motor Express
    Freymiller
    Navajo Express

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    I drove for Roehl for about 3 and a half years. I received very good training and feel like they made me a safe, competent driver. As others have said, Roehl is a great place - to START your career. If I could do things over again I would get my training with them and stay as long as it took to get the training paid for. After that I would immediately start looking around for a better, higher paying job.

In my experience, Roehl was a terrific way to begin, but they should mainly just be thought of as a starter company. Once you get that year or year and a half under your belt, there are MANY job opportunities that will become available to you that will be better than what you can get at Roehl.

Texnmidwest and Puppage Thank this.
  8. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    What location did you go to?

9. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Marshfield. That's a good place to go as they have a great range set up there and the marshfield area is pretty easy driving as far as traffic and road conditions and such. I was told that after they finish all the work on the Gary terminal that they were going to shift most of their training there, but I'm not sure how that panned out as I left while they were in the middle of the remodel. Personally I would not want to train and take my road test on the streets of Gary... Ick.

10. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    Gary is only flat bed at this point. Same highways and roads they would use at the local steel mills in the area for deliveries

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.