Light control module

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Mxguyvolvo880, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mxguyvolvo880

Mxguyvolvo880 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    I have a Volvo vt 880, my headlights will not turn off , even with the key out of the ignition,. On my message board it says light control module fail. Has Anybody had this problem and how hard is it to change the module.?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Check grounds first. Try putting a jumper cable connecting battery ground to a ground lug on the front of the firewall.
    The electrical system goes totally nuts in these trucks when they lose good ground..

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    sounds like you cooked the LCM..... you can change it BUT you will still need to take it to Volvo to have it programed for YOUR truck or it wouldn't work. I would go to Volvo and have it checked 1st and because they will need to program the new one IN THE TRUCK I would just have them do all of it

if it is bad think about a few things BEFORE you have it programed, what lights do you want it to tell you are out (this can be changed) do you want to change some of the lights to LED....? do you have fog or driving lights.....? do you want to add them....? if you have 1 do you want to add the other...? each change the LCM will need to be reprogramed (extra cost) BUT if you need to have the LCM changed have all the changes done at that time, it will cost the same (no extra)

udrea Thanks this.
  5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    remove the batteries for starters let them sit form about 30 min and then reconnect usually light control has a brain fart. if not you're lcm is cooked it's located under the fuse box and you have to pay some good money for that thing unless you can get it from junk yard

6. Helowrenchturn2

Helowrenchturn2 Medium Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    If you need one check eBay. There are a cpl used ones on there for less than $250

7. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    OP, any updates on findings?

8. jagtransinc

jagtransinc Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2016

9. jagtransinc

jagtransinc Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I believe your problem regarding headlights would have been solved. So can you tell me what's the dealer did because I got the same problem. Headlights stay on while I turned off my truck.
    Thanks

10. udrea

udrea Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2010
    gr mi
    Same problem here... any replys??

11. udrea

udrea Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2010
    gr mi
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.