linking

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by HalpinUout, Aug 22, 2015.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Cant find the thread about how you LINK a story from another site to a thread on here.. Anyone?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    First, read the fine print on the rules of each website..

Copy and paste.. With or with out a link to and fro

d o g Thanks this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I just linked your story

5. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    ? I'm not seeing anything linked

6. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I know how to "quote" but I want to LINK a news story from another site to this one so another user can just click on the link and be sent over to the website that is providing the story...

7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    How to Make Mead
    The process is very simple; being patient is the hard part. I will briefly explain the steps and the equipment into making mead right at home. You will be shocked at how easy this honeymooner’s beverage is to produce:

The basic equipment needed for mead making isn’t very expensive, and usually lasts for a long time. Local Homebrew shops generally have these items in stock daily. If you have any items at home already, feel free to use them. Here is the list of items that I recommend you have in order to make mead:
    • Stainless Steel Stock Pot
    • Thermometer
    • Hydrometer
    • Plastic Fermenter
    • Glass Carboy
    • Fermentation Lock and Stopper
    • Racking Cane and Tubing
    • Sanitizer
    Instructions for How to Make Mead
    Now the part that you all have been waiting for, the steps involved in making your first batch of mead. You will start out making sure all your equipment is clean and sanitized. Anything that touches the must(unfermented honey and water mixture) should be sanitized.

Put a gallon of water into your stainless steel pot and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. After boiling for 10 minutes remove pot from heat and add yeast nutrient, yeast energizer, and honey. Stir the pot until the honey and water have mixed completely. Hold the must at that temperature(around 170 degrees) for 10 Minutes. Chill the must down to 80 degrees. Take a hydrometer reading. Pitch(add) your yeast into the must, stir vigorously for 5 minutes. Place the lid on your fermenter with the air lock attached. Fermentation should begin about 24 to 48 hours. 2 to 3 weeks later(or when fermentation is done) rack mead into a sanitized carboy. Let it sit another 3 to 4 weeks. Rack for the final time into another sanitized carboy and let it sit until the mead is clear(another 2 to 3 months).Now that you have finished making your mead it’s time to bottle. For a still mead you will need to add potassium sorbate to stabilize. Mix the sorbate through out your entire batch then bottle. For a sparkling mead DO NOT add potassium sorbate. Use champagne style bottles for carbonated mead.

Here comes the hard part, letting the mead mature or age in the bottle. Mead will improve dramatically with age. Leaving it sit for 6 months to 1 year before opening is ideal. Be patient and it will really pay off. Enjoy!

Check out the Mead Recipe Kits available at Adventures in Homebrewing

Matt Rye
    Adventures in Homebrewing

Source: http://www.homebrewing.org/How-to-Make-Mead_ep_40-1.html

8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    What stories are trying to link up and from where ?

11. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Was trying to link a thread about the traffic in Chicago being extra terrible this weekend due to the closer of several roads that link in with the Jane Byrn interchange

The story is on abc7 Chicago dot com

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.