living in northern ontario

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by TruckerBri, Feb 4, 2016.

1. TruckerBri

TruckerBri Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Sudbury,On
    Hi, I am interested into doing a career change and going in trucking. So since I live in Sudbury Ontario I have done a little bit of research and found 2 companies that I'm interested in but I'm curious if anyone could help me out? I would like to know about home time. The company's are Schneider and Hyndman, I seen schneiders add it's 3 weeks out 1at home but didn't find info on hyndman

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

With southern ontario Hyndman for myself has more been when I'm wanting to be home. Its common for me to just tact on another day to a reset but I'm also fine with being on the road for a few weeks at a time. However I also don't go home for week at a time. Other then Christmas the longest I've taken off in a year in 5 days.

TruckerBri Thanks this.
  4. TruckerBri

Nov 25, 2015
    Sudbury,On
    I'm really interested about hyndman due that they offer the "free" trainning.

What kinda unit they put a Newbe in ?

5. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

A new or slightly used 2016 International prostar. Thats what the entire fleet is made up of except for the cattle/lease op t680 and Lonestars.

They all have fridges and 1800w inverts preinstalled.

6. TruckerBri

Nov 25, 2015
    Sudbury,On
    Nice that's seems like a good start I finally got a 2nd vehicle so now just got a save up for the weeks without pay and I'll give them a call.... Do they do referral bonus over there?

7. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

bringing in a trained driver yes.

8. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    Go check with Manitoulin Transport in Lively. I know they have their own school but Im not sure if they offer any other kind of ways to get your license or not. I also live in Sudbury so if you've got any questions, send me a message and I'll try to help.

TruckerBri Thanks this.
  9. TruckerBri

Nov 25, 2015
    Sudbury,On
    Thx, I checked into TTCC and I'm going to go with them I just need to get some financing setup it's just going to find a job after

10. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

I had issues with TTCC. They spent more time bad mouthing other companies then talking about there own. NATT is the unofficial Manitoulin training company and I liked what they had to offer. It was the school I was going to train with but cost made me switch.

11. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I don't even know what those schools cost. I would think NATT is a better option as it leads to employment after. TTCC just trains you and then tells you that you've got the equivalent of three years experience so I've been told.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.