LLL Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Chrome1216, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Chrome1216

Chrome1216 Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Anyone have any info on LLL Transport out of Brookfield Mo. I'm in the process of moving to Nashville and they're looking for regional drivers in Nashville to haul ethanol. I'm thinking of applying. Any info on this company would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shotgunner

shotgunner Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Same here. I have been talking to them about running out of St. Louis area. Any information on this company? I haven't heard anything bad and see a lot of their trucks in the area where I am from.

4. pressure

pressure Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Nashville,Tn
    I am a gas hauler in Nashville, and I have talked to some of the drivers. They all have good talk about the company.

5. Chrome1216

Mar 6, 2012
    We'll I hope it works out I go to work with the nov 5. I'll keep y'all posted

6. crazyhorse00

crazyhorse00 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Butler Mo
    I haul gas n kc and talk to all drivers have nothing but good things and nice equipment

7. Chrome1216

Mar 6, 2012
    Well I started on the 4th. It's going a little slow but it looks very promising.

8. dboe197

dboe197 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Are you still with LLL transport? If so, how you like it there? Do they pay well?

9. Chrome1216

Mar 6, 2012
    Im still here. Its the slow period but we stay busy. If your looking here be aware that they treat you like an owner operator. I dont mind it but you get the truck maintenace done on the road. Its unpaid idle time. They did away with pto too. Really no perks other than your equipment. No holiday pay either. The guy i interviewed with told me we got these perks. Hes since left. Dispatch is good. Theyll work with you if you need timr off. Its not bad though.

dboe197 Thanks this.
  10. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2014
    A lot has changed a LLL...for the better. Under the new management it's not the same outlaw outfit that it once was. CSA safety scores are a top concern to everyone at the company and it is starting to show. There are new customers with new lanes and starting pay is higher than it was. There is PTO (2 days) and vacation (1 week) but it's not available till after 1 year of service. That doesn't mean you can't take time off just that it will be unpaid. Home time is weekly for at least your 34 hour break. There are drivers here making 60k a year legally but the amount of money you make is limited by how much you want to work.

If you looked in the past and didn't like what you saw I encourage you to look again. There is a very low turnover rate (half of the industry average) so something must be right.

11. shotgunner

shotgunner Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Not sure if you are an owner operator of looking for a company job, but I know a couple of guys that work for them. One is a company driver and one is an owner operator. They both have said good things about the company. They appear to have good equipment and stay busy. They say dispatch is hard to get ahold of sometimes but that's dispatch. I don't believe they pay enough from what I hear but it is what it is. What trucking company does pay enough, not many. The owner operator said that they were on percentage pay and they recently switched to mileage pay and now only average about $1.35/mile. I had a truck for several years and they should be getting at least $1.50/mile for hauling fuel. With the cost of trucks, the cost of repairs, and the cost of fuel these days, $1.35/mile isn't very good. I believe the company driver said they start at around .36/mile. I've talked to some other drivers as well and they seem to be OK with the company. Just do your research and see if it's what you are looking for. I don't drive anymore, and no way I could make it with what companies pay their drivers these days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.