LMIA's

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Knowmad85, Oct 11, 2016.

1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    I was with them in 2014 and they where paying 40 cents us / Canada miles when the wheels where moving' paid border crossing meat inspection us only drops and picks paid , I'm seriously considering giving western Canada another no work in Ireland and the U.K. Is screwed also .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Hustler

Pullin2 Thanks this.
  4. Knowmad85

Knowmad85 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2016
    allright thanks for the hints. H&R indeed has some, McConnel not for the moment... I also found a company in BC, name unknown, hiring 15 foreign drivers. If they only picked up the #### phone, otherwise what's the use of an add? Has somebody heard of Eassons from Nova Scotia btw? They should be hiring lots of foreigners and even train em. Again: pick up the #### phone...

5. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Eassons are a pretty big fridge company, lot of Toronto / NS round trips but they do go all over the usa and Canada. Mostly Volvo and Cascadias and pretty new trucks, seem to be speed limited to 100km judging

Knowmad85 Thanks this.
  6. Knowmad85

Knowmad85 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2016
    allright...so probably a pretty "safe and legit" company to get involved with? I'm more up for longhaul in the long run but wouldn't mind starting off with round trips if that is what it takes to get a foot in the door and get to work. Cascadias are ok, never drove a volvo here before, only back in Europe. You got any idea if they drive standards or automatics?

7. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Probably a mix, most volvos here seem to be I shift. Do you already have your canadian licence?

8. Knowmad85

Knowmad85 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Yeah I've got all that, AZ-license, bunch of certificates and papers that came with the drivingschool....that would normally get down the insurrance cost to hire me as a driver.

9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    TruckStop News issue number 377

stacks and dunchues Thank this.
  10. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    I will pick one up that's the October edition .

503c Thanks this.
  11. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I got it through iTunes, iBooks, App Store. just was curious to see what was in an English magazine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.