Load board questions

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by skman, Sep 30, 2015.

1. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    I'm running flatdeck in Canada and US. Currently I use the Loadlink board and Internet Truckstop. Also tried RealTime Freight and 123loadboard. The last two mentioned are not worth it...in my opinion.
    Now the Truckstop board has a ton of interstate freight...decent amount of Canada to the US loads but not much from US to Canada.
    And the Loadlink board has lots of Canada loads (majority LTL) and a bit of Canada to US and a small amount of US to Canada (over half LTL I would say).
    My problem is finding US based loads coming back to Canada.
    The Loadlink board has an option to open up the north american database but I'm not sure that that will show much more than the Internet Truckstop board. And I believe they quoted me an extra $150 a month for that option.
    So my questions are:
    Is anyone using the Loadlink North American database with loadlink?

Any other ideas where to find US to Canada flatbed loads?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I haven't personally used either, but what about DAT and GetLoaded?

4. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    God, 123 loadboard is such a scam.... Thank god for the 'try before you buy' policy

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I have the added north american database, have had it from when I started so I don't know if it actually picks up a lot more freight ...

You can try this website http://www.transcore.ca/loadlink-demo
    free version of loadlink and does show the actual loads but doesn't show the contact info. Maybe try it out and compare it to what you are seeing from your version of the paid service minus the north american add-on.

6. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Thanks guys. Yep 123loadboard is pretty lame. Dat360 wouldn't let me subscribe unless I was a platinum member of the Transcore loadlink in Canada. Which I believe cost almost 700 bucks a month. The another 105 bucks for DAT360
    That's a good idea Kiddo...but i got hold of them this morning and subbed to the North American dB. Told them I'd try it for a month or two. That brings my monthly rate to $525 a month I think.
    They really got us Canadians by the short and curly ones because they're the only loadboard that covers a decent amount of Canada loads.

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yep, I hate paying what it costs ..but to be fair, I have made connections I wouldn't otherwise have made without having it.

8. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    That's true. Without that board...I wouldn't have known where to start. As long as it keeps making me money...I'll keep it.
    Internet truckstop is good too...but after I check this North Am. DB out...I may be able to cancel it. No point paying for Truckstop if I'm getting the same postings on loadlink

9. steve092

steve092 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I have tried loadlink and it does work pretty well if you are able to provide proper rates for the customers.... SOME OF THEM TRY TO LOW BALL YOU. But I made a few very very good contracts using it like, Canada post, and cineplex. Even tho I cancelled with loadlink, I make a ton of money from these 2 that I earned by proving to the customer my company is the best for the job.

10. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I'm in eastern Canada and I'm thinking of buying my own trailer and running Canada only. How is load link for east to central freight?

11. dream$

dream$ Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2016
    I'm just looking at load boards to get a feel for them as I don't need one yet so.I actually got the free 123 load board. Could someone tell me why it is a joke? ,( honest question I'm trying to learn and dont know) and regardless of weather its a joke how can you tell if the load requires you to have your own trailer or you pull theirs any info would be appreciated thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.