Load boards for individuals? Uship is now a joke...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by bviper, Jan 21, 2014.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Don't worry. There are many, many, many shippers that book their own trucks. But you need an account at a load board.

Of the four I listed, IMO DAT is the best. If they won't work with direct shippers (I think they will because they realize that shippers are not required to have a bond) then try the other two....all ITS and GL want is your monthly subscription and I am sure they will take your money no questions asked......they used to anyway. You can also try OOIDA Member's Edge but you will probably need to be sign on as an OOIDA member. Not sure if they will take a shipper.

So basically you just need to pick up the phone and call today and you can have a truck tomorrow morning.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bviper

bviper Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Joined ITS last night and paid up... I guess maybe paying 35 bucks would prove I am serious about getting the job done. However, I found that they have to "approve" the account so now I twiddle thumbs waiting.

4. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    Ive been wanting to ask if there was a difference for yall as far as load boards, care to elaborate?

5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Better class of people I found. They check to see if you have authority. Better paying loads I think. GL and ITS basically don't care if you have authority or not.

bullhaulerswife and 281ric Thank this.
  6. bruceb

bruceb Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Manheim,Pa.
    I would go to quicktransportsolutions.com and search your home city and state and they list all the carriers based in those cities. Look for somebody with a number of trucks and you can check their safety record by clicking their MC. Then when speaking with them and they aren't able to help you ask if they know somebody, since their local, that might be interested in what you are seeking. Has worked for me a number of times. Takes some effort but has helped me out a number of times in the past. If the city you're searching doesn't work go to the next one a few miles away. good luck!

7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    That is one of the cheaper ones. IIRC the DAT/Transcore/Truckersedge packages start around $90.

8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Don't blame anyone for trying to save money but it sounds like you're just looking to cheap out. You can't expect to pay backhaul rates every time you ship. Sometimes even $5 a mile can't find a truck.

9. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Thank the TV show "Shipping Wars" for getting Uship noticed by all the ones taking advantage of the inexperienced trucker wannabes.

Serious experienced Carriers and Shippers DO NOT USE USHIP!

starmac and BigJls1 Thank this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Yes, it does sound that way doesn't it Coal? No matter. Now that the OP has his big expensive ITS account he will be soon getting an education in booking trucks. Might I be the first to recommend that the OP not use the term "backhaul" when you are booking a truck? You may as well say "I would like something for nothing." If you used it with me, your rate would go up. I might even hang up the phone on you.

rollin coal and 281ric Thank this.
  11. 281ric

281ric Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2011
    TX
    you dont know nothing. dont you watch Shipping Wars????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.