Load from Hell!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ethos, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    So I had a load going to New Brunswick. I was pulling a Dow ISO trailer. Took 95 all the way up and stopped at the service plaza at exit 25 for my 10. On the post trip a notice that one of the support braces for those weird fenders that ISO chassis has fallen off and chewed the tire all up. Also somehow my entire rear clearence light fell out, grommet, light and all. Broke the wires, everything. Well no big deal, I'm on my 10. Took two road service calls, tire guy and road repair.

Get going about 2300 that night and get on route 9 out of Bangor. 25 miles later I hear bang and traction control is going crazy. Blown super single on my drives. I have no cell service and extended apparently doesn't read QC messages. I have to walk 2 miles in the dark to get cell service. Tire guy comes out and pulled the rim off only to discover that the tread has been sucked into the disc brakes. We had to get a grinding wheel to cut it but we just couldn't get it out from between the disc and rotor. So I use his phone to call another road repair. This guy comes out and has no idea how to take the caliper off, or the the pad. So now I call freightliner, they come out and the guy doesn't have the right tools.

Finally he gets back and we free up the wheel only to discover that the entire caliper is cracked, clean break. So now I get towed into Bangor. So 1 load, 5 service calls and a tow. 14 hours on the side of the road. But Freightliner of Bangor actually gave me a car while I was down so that was nice of them. Got to explore Bangor, nice city. Got paid by the hour the whole time too, quite profitable actually!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. just_the

just_the Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Saltillo, MS
    Yep that's a bear, went through a similar ordeal in Tifton GA, the pay was nice, but the hassle really sucked. Hopefully you're back on the road!!

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    At least it wasn't snowing ...lol

5. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    Ah yes, just one of those deals in trucking that will make you pull your hair out. I think we've all been there.

6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Bangor (pronounced Banger) is a nice little city. Sucks that happened to you, but at least you got to enjoy a little bit of our nice summer weather!

7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Everyone needs to make a mental note of this story. Later, when you're fleet manager screws you over, or you have a flat, or maybe have a 13 hour unload time at a customer, think to yourself "It could be worse. I could be having a day like ethos".

ethos Thanks this.
  8. WesternEmpire

WesternEmpire Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    First time I ran RT 9 out of Bangor it was pitch black and raining. All I could think about the whole way was all those Stephen King books took place in the middle of nowhere Maine...

Puppage and crazeydude Thank this.
  9. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Could have been worse. you could have been given a Volvo and had to wrestle a bear in your brand new one piece Adidas suit. Someone was looking down at you.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  10. Mainah

Mainah Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Winslow, Maine
    Well at least you got to enjoy some of your stay in Maine. Bangor is a nice city, I don't go up there often right now, but that will change when I start driving tanker for H.O. Bouchard on Monday.

11. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i thought all those hundreds of years my family lived in Mass and NH Bangor was spelled Bangah
    I got a cousin up there with some kind of waste managment type outfit named Lee Sumner

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.