Load to truck ratio

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Sammybp, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Sammybp

Sammybp Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I'm looking for a good source to view load to truck ratio in a specific city. Anyone?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's what I woukd say is DAT. I'm sure big brokerage companies have their own private data that is probably a better overall picture but for everyone else DAT or ITS. Sometimes the info is vaguely useful sometimes not so much so. When you have companies like Scot Lynn and TQL posting one load 25 different, incorrect ways because apparently no-one will ever see the one correct one - not so much so.

It's best to permenantly block those kind of brokers completely so you never see any of their loads and it doesn't skew the results. If they need me they will call and maybe I'll answer but I'm not curious or interested in anything they post. Just being posted in the same city day after day after day over long periods of time you can tell when trucks are tight or not.

5. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    That pisses me off. Plus, they will try to guess what their customers will have and post it just because they usually have them. Then when you call they say it's been covered. BS there was never one to begin with.

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It comes from different sources and not easily gotten.

7. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Most major load boards have the data. Dat has Trendlines that is public facing.

http://www.dat.com/resources/trendlines

It covers demand and load to truck ratio as well as some basic freight rate info.

8. dlstruck

dlstruck Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    ITS and DAT have them. I think they just take the number of trucks posted on their load board vs the number of loads they have. It's also not super accurate. I personally never post my truck. I did for a few months and only got like one or two calls a day on it in a really hot market. If it's really slow, they won't call since they have tons of carriers calling them. I don't look at the ratio, I'll specifically look up the city in a search and see how many loads it has and what they're paying. # of loads doesn't matter if they don't pay ####.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.