Local fuel hauling jobs. Give it a try!!

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by lve2drv, Aug 17, 2008.

1. spark678

spark678 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    what are you kennan drivers making a week? they always seem busy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nsxman2001

nsxman2001 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Anyone Hauling Fuel in NYC or Northern New Jersey? Would love to know the best companies to look into..

thanks in advance

4. rbond87

rbond87 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2013
    florida

im in orlando and when i was a company driver i was gross about 2400/2500 every 2 weeks

5. jimmac9

jimmac9 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2015
    New Britain, CT
    no time and a half

6. jimmac9

jimmac9 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2015
    New Britain, CT
    Hey, do you know if there are any companies that run out of the fort myers area? or am I going to be stuck working out of tampa or Miami? im looking to relocate down here from ct and would like to stay in the tanker biz.

7. rbond87

rbond87 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2013
    florida
    Well in regards to kennankennan we have a satellite terminal in Fort Myers those guys are under the tampa terminal management I've seen and talk to them several times in Tampa actually loaded one last week they all live in Fort Myers they basically drive up to tampa from Fort Myers witch is about 100 miles they will do 2 local tampa loads then take a load back down south to Fort myers deliver park and go home

jimmac9 Thanks this.
  8. jimmac9

jimmac9 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2015
    New Britain, CT
    Is it Kennan? Or a company that Kennan owns? I'm going to look into that

9. jimmac9

jimmac9 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2015
    New Britain, CT
    Look into Island Transport (the tanker with the eyeball on the back) I work for them in CT and have nothing but good things to say about them. There is a yard in Port Redding NJ, Brooklyn and Babylon Long Island

10. rbond87

rbond87 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2013
    florida
    It's kennan transport they have like 10 trucks down there good luck friend

11. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    The load times need to be explained for the new drivers that have not been exposed yet. Most truck loading racks are common carriers and will have all or some lanes available to load any product for any company at that facility. Now you might have one company that hauls a lot of gasoline and diesel so the loading rack will designate maybe a couple of lanes and restrict loading to company trucks on one side during peak hours. So say a company has 4 lanes that is their product. A common carrier has a diesel load of ours going out of state. The loads too long for a company driver so the company goes with the lowest bidder but still is the original company's product. That driver will wait until all the local trucks are loaded and gone before he or she can pull up on the rack to load.

Another time is maybe the tender is late and the farm has been out of diesel for awhile now. If you're way back in line it's going to take you some time to get loaded. Most of the time the company drivers load up first then the common carrier so the rest of the day is fast and easy. Of course that's when you see drivers yelling at the other when they break down on the rack. It's great to load in 20 minutes then out the door then right back for another. I've gone weeks like that so waiting for a long time to get loaded at a loading rack must have some internal problems and most likely could be fixed. You always have the gauging and most loading racks do it at mid-night. But then again you might have a loading company with ancient computer gear and when a cloud shows up the computers can not talk with each other. That's a pain there too. But anyone looking for work should check the loading racks and you just might see that the rack only goes down once in awhile. Check it out because something like this can turn you away real fast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.