Local fuel transport companies/jobs in Athens GA

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by rubberducky68, May 25, 2016.

1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Looking for names of local fuel hauling companies in or near Athens GA that load primarily at the Prince Ave location.

Also, is it normal for mosr fuel hauling jobs to pay percentage? I can't find any that pay hourly. Airgas, which is not gasoline, paid hourly but they wanted me on nights to start.

Found one company the guy said I could work days m-f 6am to 6pm and off weekends. Pay is 25% of load. $1000 per week minimum guaranteed if work is slow but he said that only happened like once in the last 4-5 years. His guys gross $1200-1500 a week plus if I want to I can haul kerosene in the winter for a few weeks and make $2500 a week. Indigo Energy is the company. They bought out Bells? Sounds like a good deal. They only run north east Georgia. One place in Conley GA but thats the only one in Atlanta.

Anyway, if that doesn't pan out I need some names of other gas hauling companies or lp gas, or cryogenic in Athens or Gainesville that is m-f day time shift and off weekends.

4 years of otr and I am burnt the heck out. Not for me anymore.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Penn tank lines maybe? Have no real info on them. Check indeed, and take note of fuel haulers next time you drive around.

4. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Penn is located in Doraville which is where I am trying to stay away from. Absolute cluster fook down in that area. Plus that is too far for me to drive for a job anyway.

5. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Didn't know. Best bet is to just look at who delivers fuel and start calling/submitting apps. I think Dillon transport may have something local there but I think they are too far from you. Even check craigslist for local jobs, but craigslist doesnt always have the best jobs

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I am going to check into Indigo Energy. They are in Gainesville, close to me. I have their application. Going to fill it out and run it over there tomorrow.

7. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Good luck with your search. Will be iterested to hear what you find.

8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I talked with the guy at Indigo Energy again this morning. He had me send my application in to him. We talked for a bit more. Job sounds promising. I confirmed again it is definitely a Monday-Friday day shift position. He said I could do a 6am-6pm or 5am-5pm shift. Pay is $1200-1500 per week gross. BCBS health insurance, vacation pay, 401k.

I hope it works out for me.

9. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    That sounds like Mansfield. Were they sold, or is part of Indigo? Never heard of them. Thanks.

10. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Is Mansfield still around?? I worked there for about a year. Was a good job. I was there around 2001

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    They are a separate company.

Yes Mansfield is still around. They are a fairly large company so I don't think they are going anywhere. I did talk to the hiring manager there but he said I would have to work nights for at least a year before I would be offered a day position and even then I would probably still work weekends.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.