Local Tanker Jobs Around Appleton, Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mack185, May 11, 2015.

1. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Can any of you Wisconsinites help me out with tanker outfits around Appleton? I'm likely moving the family up there around the end of Summer but, I'm not familiar with any of the outfits.

I haul Chemical and Foodgrade now but, I'll haul fuel, it doesn't really matter to me. If no tanker jobs, anyone know of ANY good local companies? Thanks in advace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    I would try looking into hauling fuel for Kwik Trip, I am thinking of doing just that myself.

Their openings vary quite a bit but I am sure they have at least a few stores in the Appleton area.

great benefits, even for the pee-on store workers. They keep growing and expanding.

I have asked a couple times already if there are any of their tanker drivers on here, but none have chimed in.

4. dextrdog

dextrdog Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    My buddy is a driver for kwik trip in milwaukee and I know one other guy that drives for them. They both love it there. Good bennies, profit sharing, 4 day work weeks.. They have a few positions open in WI not sure which areas though, I know Madison for sure.

5. dextrdog

Feb 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just looked, Oshkosh has an opening. not very far from appleton

6. Mack185

Feb 25, 2008
    Applied this afternoon, thanks. I have no problem hauling fuel but, it seems like Klemm is the only outfit ever hiring around Appleton and I don't here good things about Klemm or KAG. Lets hope they call

7. dextrdog

Feb 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yea kwik trip pays better

8. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Are you looking for OTR or local? There's a quality carriers branch or affiliate or whatever they call them in Appleton, title town transport out of GB hauls fuel. Dean Brennan is out of manitowoc about 45 minute drive east from Appleton but they might have a yard in Neenah. Those are the tank companies in the area that I have talked to drivers from that seemed happy.

Otherwise throughout the area we have all the standard LTL carriers, I know holland has a big yard in Neenah with signs up that they're looking for drivers. N&M transfer in Neenah is another big one always hiring, they're not union but guys running outside 50 mile radius are paid miles and stops and the money was really good when I was there 10 years ago.

Midwest carriers runs otr van and reefer home weekends and paid miles off the hub, I've seen a few check stubs from their drivers and they're paid pretty well. They get extra pay for every little thing they do.

There's also a few milk haulers in the area but their hours suck and the pay usually isn't much better.

I don't have first hand experience with any of them except n&m but any other questions about anything up here just let me know. I have lived in Neenah my whole life so I know the area fairly well.

9. Mack185

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm looking to stay local only. I'm guessing the LTL outfits are having trouble finding drivers because I've applied at 4 of them and have received 4 phone calls haha. I'll give tankers another week but, I may just accept a LTL gig if I can't find anything.

10. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Check with title town, they don't have openings all that often but there's a reason for that

11. Mack185

Feb 25, 2008
    Title town? Google search shows a brewery, is that what you're talking about?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.