Location for the night

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by 91B20H8, Mar 19, 2014.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I'm just pissed on a rant..
    All I mean is it's not safe to be running with the road with diesel spraying everywhere.
    They told me the smoke I was seeing was from fuel that was sprayed around the engine and there was fuel on my trailer too. crazy.

I'm not even close to 50k.
    I've had no problems with the truck besides a couple glitchy computer stuff and then the day I leave the dealer for maintenance all craziness happens.
    Had two loads getting me back to Columbus, Ohio for around $2.20 all miles getting me out of the PA black hole that had to be taken off me :[
    Oh well

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Not sure I am getting this. Why did they think you needed an new fuel pump? What did they see was wrong? Sounds like the fuel somehow got on the clutch causing slippage. Did you get stuck on the Road? Which dealership are you dealing with?
    If truck was running fine to begin with, it sounds like you are dealing with total incompetence.

4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I had a check engine light that came on a while ago and it went off by itself which I told them about. They said everything is stored into the truck and they can see everything supposedly.
    They said they plugged their computer into the truck told me "oh the fuel pumps aren't running strong which caused that check engine light so we changed them out".
    They did all that work without telling me before hand.
    I asked them for a copy of the work they did under warranty including the fuel pumps, they refused and said that's not possible but "the work is stored under the VIN number".
    I wanted records of the B service I had and service on my APU which was also a struggle but I pulled off getting a copy of all that. They even asked me why I wanted that and the price of the work I had done. Really? Nor could they even provide me a receipt of the cost of my maintenance which was done.. nor did they know when I asked. I had to wait around for them to go through their system and I wrote down my cost of service completed.
    Ridiculous

When I left (Kenworth in carlisle) I then had fuel spraying all over my truck and trailer AND then suddenly had my clutch slipping all at once.
    When I brought my truck in everything was running the normal.
    It almost feels like they jinxed my truck or messed things up.

I didn't get stuck, I made it to the dealer.. a different one this time.

And here I was thinking going to Kenworth for my work was the safest bet :biggrin_25521:

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Hegemeister Thanks this.
  5. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I might be pissed but I gotta say I love my truck and I've been doing very well here.
    Yesterday I did about 430 miles and $979 in revenue.
    I was gonna go to Columbus, Ohio today leaving from Pottsville, PA for over $2 all miles also.
    Of course all that's only possible by playing connect the dots with short loads.

6. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Get SFI on it. Tell your rep about the issues you had with the dealer, you tried to resolve it yourself and they still hung you out to dry. That's one good thing about SFI, since they buy a huge number of trucks from KW, FL, etc., the dealers attitudes tend to change once they realize who all is involved and it's not just some dumb dumb truck driver like they try to treat us.

mickimause and freightwipper Thank this.
  7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    SFI has been really great with me and helpful.

Just to give an example..
    A day after I biotched SFI them out about no steering wheel controls in my truck.. I went to Kenworth of Wisconsin and asked them what it would cost to add them onto my truck. They said "oh you're the one".. I was like WTF? They told me Schneider told them about my complaints right after.
    Now I see the new Kenworth they order have steering wheel controls.

Any issues or surprises they always made the effort to work with me.
    I feel like a number with Schneider but I'm treated as a person with SFI.

8. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    KW in Carlisle use to be VERY GOOD until they got bought out by some other company. Now, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

mickimause Thanks this.
  9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    What happened to you?

10. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    If I was in Carlisle, I would take my Freightliner there for a PM. Even had some repairs done on my driveline. They were extremely Quick and reasonable with a Schneider discount. After the change in management, I took my Kenworth there for a PM. It took over 8 hrs and a bill for $900. They charged for each filter and oil plus hourly labor. No package deal and no discount. Was talking to some local drivers there in the waiting room and they all said that the place had gone down hill since they were bought out. I also noticed that none of the old management or mechanics were there. All new personnel. I asked a mechanic about changing my front shocks and he told me that shocks last over a million miles. Avoid that place like the plague!!

mickimause Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    home. deliver this load I am under to richmond indiana monday , then pick up in terre haute later that day bound for edison new jersey delivery on wednesday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.