Logbook Question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TigerShark, Aug 25, 2016.

1. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Ok forgive my stupidness.....as a solo driver when I put in my logs From and Destination....say I'm leaving Tampa to Layton UT.
    I put From Tampa to Layton for each day or do I put where I shut down for the night as my destination? IE : Tampa to Tupelo
    Tupelo to wherever
    Wherever to Layton??

Also, my second question...when I am under a load I have my BOL, now if I deliver and reload that same day....do I need to delete that old BOL or keep it and put the new one next to it? Sorry I'm using an app called Keep Trucking not paper paper logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Every time you change your status you have to show what city you're in. Example. Your driving. You stop for fuel in Dallas, you change from driving to on duty you flag it as Dallas.

Keep old BOL number on there. Why are you using this app instead of paper? Doesn't your company want paper logs? How did you get through driving school without learning basic logging?

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I use that app to. I've never put anything in the origin/destination section. Legally, you're only required to put your location at every change of duty status. O/d is just fluff. I just add the second BOL if I run two the same day. You still were on the first one, so its probably a good idea to keep it on there.

TigerShark Thanks this.
  5. TigerShark

Nov 5, 2015
    No I understand you change your status, what I'm asking is what do I put as destination each evening. Is it where I stop or does it stay as the unload and the from changes each morning....and I got through school by taking a driving test not a logbook test.

6. TigerShark

Nov 5, 2015
    Thanks I appreciate that.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  7. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    Ok on the schooling. As far as the destanation part, I misunderstood you. It does not matter. As long as your flagging the change of status.

8. Chasingthesky

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    This app is better than paper IMO. As long as the company has an account, they have access to all your logs electronically without waiting for you to send them in and it has GPS tracking, both of which they can see in near real time.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm using the same app. I've never filled in that section under the "Form" tab apart from vehicle info and carrier info and our log/safety deparrment hasn't said anything about it in the last 9 months. I just update my location every time I stop. We don't use BOL's though so I can't help you there.

I can't speak for OP but that app is 10x easier than paper, both for me and the company. I wanted to stay on paper but after becoming familiar with it I'll never go back to paper if I can help it.

styro and Chasingthesky Thank this.
  10. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    That is cool if your company is cool with it. I guess I am old school and like paper.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  11. Chasingthesky

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    And its easy to edit. Not that anyone would ever do such a thing.....

diesel drinker and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.