Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by ShelbyKay, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ShelbyKay

ShelbyKay Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Here's how they operate:

Need a down payment. New trucks are pretty stiff down payment.
    Used about 4000. New 10,000 to 16000.
    Fixed doable monthly payments
    1300 to 2600

I don't know why they call themselves a leasing co though. The truck you sign the deal with is the one you're going to pay on for the next 3 to 5 yrs.
    They will come after assets if you default.

Just a heads up for the drivers that think they can walk away if the truck fails them.

TruckDuo and 123456 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What truck did you get ?

4. RUSSELBURG

RUSSELBURG Light Load Member

May 18, 2007
    Evansville,In
    Yea i bought a ude pete 387 it had 644,00 on it with a isx cummins ,at 903,000 the engine let go still got 10, months left on the lease ,but i not them put a $37,000 new recon cummins isx in it . they would not help nor would any used truck dealer . you buy used you get that used . But then again i would have not put a new engine with out two pete salesmen telling what my truck was worth with new engine so the first sales men said new reocon probaly $55,000 so after get the new recon went to dif pete dealers ship and because insurance wanted est value he said it be worth 67,000 so i did not loose money putting new recon in . But remmeber if your credit is bad and you can not deal with a banker,dealership,or your own money then yes lone mountain is the way to go beggers can not ##### .
    Would i do it agian in the boat i was in 2 /12 years ago yes , boat in today probaly not. But who knows i could go bankrupt tomorrow or i could hit the lottery lol

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    anyone that thinks ten to sixteen grand down on a new truck is steep, it just means they have never dealt with a bank on a major purchase. Man that's barely ten percent.

6. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    I lease a cummins every 250,000 afterteatment filter need cleaned. If they arent they throw codes filter cracks cost 2800 for a new . 1 . A dpf system has 1 filter Def has 2. You need to learn where the .csensors are located and clean or replace yourself. or shops will take you to the cleaners. A bad sensor that cost 90.00 will throw a bad turbo code. Shop will tell you that turbo is bad when actually its the sensor that controls it.
    You can get a cummins inline 5 with insight on website for 300.00

kee1227 Thanks this.
  7. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    My intake exhaust cam was worn at 590,000 due to cheap metal componets and extended oil changes . iI never idle my engine i run an apu. The cam cost 5264.94 out the door. So pull the valve cover before you buy and inspect the cam lobes. My Turbo was junk at

8. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    500,000. I have bought 2 dpf filter in 3 yrs they cost me 2600 ea. they need cleaned every 250,000 if not there junk. I had a Dpf system i ran over a deer . It hit the filter cracked it . Started throwing codes. Ceramic in the filter cracked had to buy another 1. So if you buy a cummins get the insight program online 300 bucks do a forced regen look at your Kpareadings in the history it will give you heads up on condition of your afteryeatment health. Check cams and find out how old turbo is . if its 600,000 old its due to go out. Typical turbo last 500,000.bearing go bad because drivers dont cool them down before engine shutdown.
    Personnaly if your buying a cummins without an apu be prepared to buy a motor. They are cry baby engins they dont like to be idled or ran hard and they need frquent oil changes. If your historyshows you anything else its a bad deal to buy it.

kee1227 Thanks this.
  9. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Exactly. Imagine what they're going to say when they drop $5k on a turbo!

truckon and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Or twenty five grand to get the engine line bored. most people don't have a clue how to manage finances these days. That's a bad side effect of the easy credit society we have become.

When I bought this truck New it was nearly forty grand cheaper than today's trucks, and I put down over thirty on it. With today's truck prices, I'd estimate fifty as a decent down payment, and no more than 6 apr. But so many guys would rather put five or ten grand down and pay 16 apr. I guess they figure they deserve that new truck without the down payment and good financial responsibility. I my opinion, when the repo man shows up, they got what they deserved.

11. ShelbyKay

ShelbyKay Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Got a 2009 International Prostar in January 2014.

Last August needed turbo and turbo actuator.

So far this year has been a lot of upkeep. Our accountant from ATBs actually called us to check on us because we have spent $17,000 since January in repairs.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.