Looking at prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Hsauer87, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    So i am an experienced flatbed trainer right now, I have been looking at prime for sometime for their lease. My plan is to lease the first truck with success leasing then use the completion bonus on an ace lease truck. My real concern is income. I currently now bring home after all taxes an average of about 1100 bucks a week and I am home most weekends. I live in NC right off I-95 . How is freight I'm the area? Would I make at least the same amount with prime after all my deductions and 30% aside for taxes? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    FWIW - if you're clearing $1100 and home at the weekends, I think your proposed plan is a Titanic.

Why not just save up and buy your own truck?

thejackal and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Are you planning on being a trainer to include running teams as a TNT trainer? If so you can make significantly more than $1100 after taxes per week. That said you WILL NOT be home on most weekends. Not even close. If you are willing to give up 3/4 of your visits to the house you can be very successful. If not, then you may want to keep your current gig.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  5. Hsauer87

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I currently traino now and wouldn't mind traiming again

6. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    In that case, as experience driver you can become a trainer after 90 days. I'm up and down from week to week, but there shouldn't be any reason that you can't do $80-90k (or quite a bit more) after expenses annually. In fact I need to get way more aggressive with my write offs because according to my CPA, my estimated quarterly tax payment for this last quarter is $13.5k. :biggrin_2554::biggrin_25510:

7. Hsauer87

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    That sounds pretty good ! Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.